CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

2 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I think you saw a different movie than I did.

I don't think so. JK makes CK terrified of showing off his powers in public. JK is worried it will ruin CKs life. He teaches CK core values such as restraint and self discipline. JK believes in this so strongly that he would literally rather die than have CL reveal himself. CK grows up and is encouraged by Jor-el to accept who he is and show off his powers to inspire mankind. CK is still worried that the world treat him unfairly until he meets LL, who he saves from death. In return, LL shows loyalty to CK's secret and reveals that mankind is in fact capable of knowing what he is without raining on his parade. This inspires him to heed JE's advice and show of his powers to inspire mankind while honoring Jonathan's wishes excercising self restraint and good decency.

The execution is weak but it's all there. IDK how he is supposed to inspire hope in anybody as we see nothing about it. But that's a different story.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

No. I actually like MOS. like I said, I have no idea why people are arguing with me.

I'm just saying for everyone who says he didn't go around saving people on his own, he did it all through the movie and in the final scene if you watch closely zod is throwing him through buildings, not the other way around. Superman saved the entire planet, cut him some slack guys lol and him kissing Lois after defeating some villains despite the damage surrounding them is straight out of the comics and every other iteration of the character. 

Man of Steel was very good.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

And Batfleck vs Snorlax is #1 right? 

No.

BvS was not my most anticipated movie for a whole fucking year. I didn't wait in line 3 hours to see it at Midnight RPX then go to work the next morning. What a waste. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, filmlover said:

RDJ hasn't had to suffer the humiliation of everything Ben Affleck has had to suffer over the past year or so in the media.

:sadben:

I guess you didn't follow RDJ in the late 90s then

• Like 6

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I'm just saying for everyone who says he didn't go around saving people on his own, he did it all through the movie and in the final scene if you watch closely zod is throwing him through buildings, not the other way around. Superman saved the entire planet, cut him some slack guys lol and him kissing Lois after defeating some villains despite the damage surrounding them is straight out of the comics and every other iteration of the character. 

Man of Steel was very good.

People are saying he had an internal conflict about saving people, not that he didn't save people. You do know what an internal conflict is right?

1 minute ago, Jay Hollywood said:

No.

BvS was not my most anticipated movie for a whole fucking year. I didn't wait in line 3 hours to see it at Midnight RPX then go to work the next morning. What a waste. 

Haha, yeah my bad I thought you said worst theater experiences not most disappointing. 

Just glancing at MovieTickets.com (I know it's not accurate) a few times today because I like to think it's a good indication for buzz. I noticed Suicide Squad didn't surpass the percentage it reached yesterday around 69-70% and actually decreased a little. Does that usually happen? I only started looking at it recent.

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

I don't think so. JK makes CK terrified of showing off his powers in public. JK is worried it will ruin CKs life. He teaches CK core values such as restraint and self discipline. JK believes in this so strongly that he would literally rather die than have CL reveal himself. CK grows up and is encouraged by Jor-el to accept who he is and show off his powers to inspire mankind. CK is still worried that the world treat him unfairly until he meets LL, who he saves from death. In return, LL shows loyalty to CK's secret and reveals that mankind is in fact capable of knowing what he is without raining on his parade. This inspires him to heed JE's advice and show of his powers to inspire mankind while honoring Jonathan's wishes excercising self restraint and good decency.

The execution is weak but it's all there. IDK how he is supposed to inspire hope in anybody as we see nothing about it. But that's a different story.

I can sort of buy all that except the movie kept repeatedly contradicting itself. CK is "terrified about showing off his powers"... except that he regularly does this to save people. (Putting aside the bizarre behavior of JK for the moment.) Even after accepting who he is, CK never really uses his powers to inspire. He just fights Zod to save earth from that menace, which is good, but hardly using powers to inspire. CK being worried that the entire world will treat him unfairly -- even after people are clearly happy to have been rescued by him -- is such a bizarre reaction it really feels like JK brainwashed him somehow. LL as the shining example of humanity's "goodness" is also sort of weird, because for the most part all the other human characters in the movie treat CK fairly recently (either as CK or as Kal-El). I also don't really buy that CK honors JK's wishes of self-restraint and decency because none of that's really shown in the last hour.

So yes, I get the concept. But that's not what was on-screen. At least, in terms of how I saw it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

People are saying he had an internal conflict about saving people, not that he didn't save people. You do know what an internal conflict is right?

That was due to Pa Kent. A father's concern for his son. I don't see what the issue is, why people hate that aspect. Clark wanted to use his powers for good but Pa kept drilling him about the world not being ready yet.

2 minutes ago, exomassey said:

Just glancing at MovieTickets.com (I know it's not accurate) a few times today because I like to think it's a good indication for buzz. I noticed Suicide Squad didn't surpass the percentage it reached yesterday around 69-70% and actually decreased a little. Does that usually happen? I only started looking at it recent.

Its at 65%. It's fine. Plus a lot of folks have already bought their tickets for today/had that T-mobile promo. 

• Like 1