CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

In some of the bigger international markets that this opened in, it's playing more like a sequel with its second day drops. Im interested to see how it does in the states. Because internationally it exploded beating BvS in a lot of countries on OD but then falling harder on its second day. Whereas here it's OD was less than BvS, so I'm hoping for some Saturday numbers in the next few hours to see if the pattern continues or if it here it stabilizes.  

• Like 2

Just now, Nova said:

In some of the bigger international markets that this opened in, it's playing more like a sequel with its second day drops. Im interested to see how it does in the states. Because internationally it exploded beating BvS in a lot of countries on OD but then falling harder on its second day. Whereas here it's OD was less than BvS, so I'm hoping for some Saturday numbers in the next few hours to see if the pattern continues or if it here it stabilizes.  

It dropped here from Friday, which itself already took a hit compared to Thursday (his OD).

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

There's a difference between someone who feels goosebumps watching the "comic book comes to life" scenes in TA, DP and CW and someone who feels absolutely nothing.

What is this difference?

I wouldn't know. I don't read comics. But I don't presume that just because someone didn't like a movie, they don't get the appeal of comics. sometimes people just don't like a movie.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It dropped here from Friday, which itself already took a hit compared to Thursday (his OD).

Thanks! I was wondering about Portugal because I know it exploded there too but I couldn't find any info on its Friday yet lol 

Suicide Squad quadrupled its business for the first set of shows at my theatre from yesterday. Doesn't mean the whole day will be huge increase, just the matinee.

Nine Lives did more for its first matinee than it did total yesterday.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AJG said:

Has anyone?

:sadben: 

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I enjoyed Tarzan more than Jason Bourne. Hell, I liked IDR more than Bourne...

Tarzan SUCKS. I like IDR because of how bad it is. It is just ridiculous that movie got made in the first place with that script. 

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Thanks! I was wondering about Portugal because I know it exploded there too but I couldn't find any info on its Friday yet lol 

The afternoon shows are already looking miserable in most places while the nights are still going strong, even though they are weakening from day to day. 

7 minutes ago, ThatOneBadguy said:

The Beyond vs. Bourne war is one of the most unexpected and funniest wars ever :lol: 

In the end we all lose :sadben:

We're making cotton candy and I had the idea of doing pink and green, sort of like promoting suicide squad with The Joker "flavour" cotton candy.

So that's what we're doing, and my manager was like "so why wouldn't you try and sell the blue stuff as "cotton dory's?"

"Because I refuse to indulge the consumption of beloved animated characters."

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Honestly Ghostbusters was hilarious but CJOHN is in Portugal. Maybe the jokes got lost in translation.

I laughed maybe twice. The last 20 minutes with the CGI overkill and THE BEAM INTO THE SKY THAT EVERY BLOCKBUSTER USES were awful. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

We're making cotton candy and I had the idea of doing pink and green, sort of like promoting suicide squad with The Joker "flavour" cotton candy.

So that's what we're doing, and my manager was like "so why wouldn't you try and sell the blue stuff as "cotton dory's?"

"Because I refuse to indulge the consumption of beloved animated characters."

That's a great idea!  And pink and green is much more distinctive, and indicative of the movie marketing than blue is for Dory's, anyhow.

• Like 1