CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

August baby too. Used to such a shit month for movies. Things have changed.

Last year it gave us The Gift and Straight Outta Compton, plus pretty much the entirety of MI5 minus one day. Three of my four favorite movies of last summer. This year it's stepping up too. Then again, last year gave us Fantastic Four, that racist Owen Wilson movie, and Hitman, and this year is giving us Mechanic 2, Ben-Hur, and Suicide Squad, so it's still August. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Some hope for summer: Apparently that movie Hell or High Water is this summer's version of The Gift- a late summer genre movie that everyone thought looked "meh" but turned out terrific. It's getting exceptional reviews. Plus, Sausage Party, Pete's Dragon, and Kubo are getting excellent word, too. I believe when Gopher says that he heard War Dogs is really good, but Todd Phillips movies are just not for me at all, I can't do that whole bro schtick (even in his better movies like Hangover 1 or Old School). It'd have to get fantastic reviews to convince me that's it tackling that subject in a smart way and not just like Tucker Max with guns. But still, August saving the summer! My birthday month showing out!

Seems like this coming weekend every demographic will have a major film option. Also seems that every major film opening next week is quality material, based on Rotten Tomatoes scores:

• Florence Foster Jenkins 92 % Fresh
  • Sausage Party  100 %
  • Pete's Dragon  83 %
  • Hell or High Water 100 %
  • Blood Father 88 %

4 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

It's like people don't even want to reasonably talk anymore. Each of you has your own ironclad opinion, and fuck everyone else (including the studios).

Fuck that fish

Fuck The V

Fuck that Enterprise

Fuck that Treadstone agent

Fuck those villains

Fuck those pets

Fuck those ghosts

Fuck those moms

FUCK EVERYONE

Except for the sausages and Morgan Freeman in dreadlocks :redcapes: 

• Like 3

Oh yea, Southside With You comes out this month, too! That'll be awesome. Even Hands of Stone is getting okay reviews. Why couldn't they spread some of this shit out throughout the summer? I'm about to be working full-time 80 hours a week for Hillary, every day. Why couldn't they have thrown me a bone when I had free time. 

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Oh yea, Southside With You comes out this month, too! That'll be awesome. Even Hands of Stone is getting okay reviews. Why couldn't they spread some of this shit out throughout the summer? I'm about to be working full-time 80 hours a week for Hillary, every day. Why couldn't they have thrown me a bone when I had free time. 

I imagine that will do very well. Timing is perfect.

6 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

It's like people don't even want to reasonably talk anymore. Each of you has your own ironclad opinion, and fuck everyone else (including the studios).

The Age of Trump

• Like 3

This honestly is a great month for movies:

This weekend gave us a massive box office hit and a hilariously bad Kevin Spacey cat movie.

Next weekend will give us 3 well reviewed movies all in their own ways (Sausage Party looks outrageously funny, Pete looks like typically great Disney fare, and Florence looks to be a solid dramedy)

August 19 will give us a well reviewed claymation work, a well reviewed Todd Phillips comedy with Hill and Teller stealing the screen, and Morgan Freeman in dreads

August 26 will give us De Niro giving us a dramatic role in a boxing film, an original and unique horror flick, and a potentially fun action flick with Jason Statham

Not a bad month at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I imagine that will do very well. Timing is perfect.

55 million OW, one mill for every percentage on Obama's record approval ratings! I can't wait. It looks and sounds like an exceptionally well-done, contained romantic comedy, except with the Obamas as a twist. It's a fantastic idea for a movie. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

September looks like a great month too. I'm really looking forward to The Magnificent Seven and Deepwater Horizon and I'm interested in The Light Between Oceans, Sully, Bridget Jones's Baby, and Snowden.

Blair Witch is going to be terrific. I promised myself I wouldn't get too excited for an Antoine Fuqua movie again (Equalizer is his only good movie in 15 years), but there's a conflation of evidence that Magnificent Seven is really, really fun. Can't say I'm into Sully at all, though. Looks like Flight with all the good parts gone, and Flight had barely had enough good parts in the first place. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

24 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

How could there be confirmation?  It is 11:35am Pacific time on Sunday and there is an entire day of business to go.  Nobody has any clue if it is estimated high or low.  

Saturday numbers being closer to what Rth reported than the $39M WB is estimating...

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

24 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

How could there be confirmation?  It is 11:35am Pacific time on Sunday and there is an entire day of business to go.  Nobody has any clue if it is estimated high or low.  

This whole time I thought you had precognitive abilities. 

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Blair Witch is going to be terrific. I promised myself I wouldn't get too excited for an Antoine Fuqua movie again (Equalizer is his only good movie in 15 years), but there's a conflation of evidence that Magnificent Seven is really, really fun. Can't say I'm into Sully at all, though. Looks like Flight with all the good parts gone, and Flight had barely had enough good parts in the first place. 

I'm seeing The Magnificent Seven even if it gets a 0% on RT. That cast alone has my $12.