CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

nsr.gif

Beyond can probably rebound after this weekend with 40-range drops.

It will be too late after it sinks another 55%+ this weekend.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

In the second trailer Batman is shown and Superman is mentioned, I really don't buy the "it's really an original!" argument. 

Lol, "mentioned?" I'm talking about a franchise film like TA, where all the characters that already had their own hit movie were banding together for a huge "it's all been leading to this" type of film? SS is most certainly not even close to that same type of film. It's far closer to a non-sequel than anything else. Take out the Joker, and there's really no way the GA could have been expected to make any kind of connection to an expanded universe involving MoS and BvS. Even with that, a ton of people probably had to be told by their movie buff/nerd culture friend that it's an expanded universe film. Remember, all of us on this forum more of less fall into that category, so we're rarely a good sample size to use for the casual GA member. 

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It will be too late after it sinks another 55%+ this weekend.

X-Men's drops:

Jun 3–5 2 $22,825,484 -65.3% 4,153 +3 $5,496 $116,998,716 2
Jun 10–12 5 $9,915,017 -56.6% 3,585 -568 $2,766 $136,289,212 3
Jun 17–19 6 $5,309,290 -46.5% 2,632 -953 $2,017 $146,157,126 4
Jun 24–26 8 $2,489,881 -53.1% 1,679 -953 $1,483 $151,141,872 5
Jul 1–3 13 $905,638 -63.6% 630 -1,049 $1,438 $153,503,093 6
Jul 1–4 13 $1,113,712 -55.3% 630 -1,049 $1,768 $153,711,167 6
Jul 8–10 18 $410,257 -54.7% 288 -342 $1,425 $154,499,734 7

Trek can still beat it.

Edited by WrathOfHan

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lol, "mentioned?" I'm talking about a franchise film like TA, where all the characters that already had their own hit movie were banding together for a huge "it's all been leading to this" type of film? SS is most certainly not even close to that same type of film. It's far closer to a non-sequel than anything else. Take out the Joker, and there's really no way the GA could have been expected to make any kind of connection to an expanded universe involving MoS and BvS. Even with that, a ton of people probably had to be told by their movie buff/nerd culture friend that it's an expanded universe film. Remember, all of us on this forum more of less fall into that category, so we're rarely a good sample size to use for the casual GA member. 

Suicide Squad has had marketing for over a year now. Whether the GA is familiar with the characters or not is not really relevant when its marketing has been pushed in their faces for that period of time. If you want to call it an OG then thats fine but name me one OG film thats had the type of marketing that Suicide Squad has had? And you also say "well take it out the Joker and no one knows any of the characters!" Well in case you haven't noticed the Joker has been A HUGE part of their marketing for this film despite very little screen time so for all you know, taking out the Joker would affect its OW considering the fact that he's in all TV spots, trailers etc. 

People aren't dumb. They're on social media, on the internet etc. Just because they don't know the characters like some of us do, doesn't mean this film just popped out of no where from them. 

Lastly the film itself has ties to the DCEU so its not considered an original but rather a continuation of the DCEU. 

Edited by Nova

On a side note I feel the reason BvS didn't work because the movie wasn't Batman vs Superman.

Its supposed to be, Light vs Dark. Its supposed to be two radically different tones clashing. The problem is they made Superman Batman, then made him face Batman. It was like Batman v Darker Batman. 

• Like 7

Just now, Nova said:

Suicide Squad has had marketing for over a year now. Whether the GA is familiar with the characters or not is not really relevant when its marketing has been pushed in their faces for that period of time. If you want to call it an OG then thats fine but name me one OG film thats had the type of marketing that Suicide Squad has had? And you also say "well take it out the Joker and no one knows any of the characters!" Well in case you haven't noticed the Joker has been A HUGE part of their marketing for this film despite very little screen time so for all you know, taking out the Joker would affect its OW considering the fact that he's in all TV spots, trailers etc. 

People aren't dumb. They're on social media, on the internet etc. Just because they don't know the characters like some of us do, doesn't mean this film just popped out of no where from them. 

Um, who said anything about all of that? Of course it had fantastic marketing, just like SLOP did. That's why both were able to open like an established sequel despite not being one. All I said was look at ODs over 50m and you can see how easily SS and THG stand out in that group. 

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Um, who said anything about all of that? Of course it had fantastic marketing, just like SLOP did. That's why both were able to open like an established sequel despite not being one. All I said was look at ODs over 50m and you can see how easily SS and THG stand out in that group. 

Yes. But youre acting like this film isn't a continuation of the DCEU when in fact it is. Its not SLOP or THG. If you watch Suicide Squad there are ties to BvS and then some stuff happens at the end that is relevant for JL. And the marketing hints at that when it included Batman in its promo clips. 

Edited by Nova

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

On a side note I feel the reason BvS didn't work because the movie wasn't Batman vs Superman.

Its supposed to be, Light vs Dark. Its supposed to be two radically different tones clashing. The problem is they made Superman Batman, then made him face Batman. It was like Batman v Darker Batman. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Joss Whedon went back to his old job as script doctor and wrote the exchange between Batfleck and The Flash in the Justice League teaser.

It was Whedonesque AF.

It makes perfect sense, we know that Warner is not gonna make a Justice League movie where mothers  are tortured or nearly burnt alive and inmates are stabbed to death in prisons because they were branded by Batfleck, right ?

Edited by The Futurist

Just now, Tele the Jet Baller said:

One has several Academy Awards and one doesn't?

Hide contents

:ph34r: for my last couple of posts, in case it wasn't clear.

RDJ hasn't had to suffer the humiliation of everything Ben Affleck has had to suffer over the past year or so in the media.

:sadben: