Nova

Tuesday: Suicide Squad $14.27M

7 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I just don't understand how one can find Jurassic World and ID: Resurgence completely awful and this enjoyable. Give me the queen alien 1,000x over The Enchantress in SS. 

I can actually remember more from ID: Resurgence from late June then Suicide Squad which I saw on Thursday.

Different opinions though!

At least The Nice Guys lived up to the hype this Summer. That was a lot of fun.

It's amazing how people have differing opinions from you. Weird.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I just don't understand how one can find Jurassic World and ID: Resurgence completely awful and this enjoyable. Give me the queen alien 1,000x over The Enchantress in SS. 

I can actually remember more from ID: Resurgence from late June then Suicide Squad which I saw on Thursday.

Different opinions though!

At least The Nice Guys lived up to the hype this Summer. That was a lot of fun.

I like Jurassic World AND Suicide Squad. I'd dare to say that I like Suicide Squad better than Jurassic World, btw. And I love Jurassic World. And I like how zany and completely crazy Enchantress is as a villain. Like she is this crazy person with dancing moves that are so out there and it SHOULD be awful but comes off as completely amazing to me. I think the point is that I feel that Enchantress ISN'T really the villain here. Amanda Waller is. And she might be almost as good as Loki in my book. Just awesomeness. It's a whole lot of a mess, but an enjoyable mess. Nothing life changing, nothing mindblowing, but FUN. Read Peter David's review that I've posted on the SS thread to get an idea of what I think. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I hated suicide squad but IDR was GOD AWFUL. Not even a comparison. 

Oh it was. It was a movie that should have been made in the 90s. A really stupid movie that tried to feed off the audiences nostalgia for an already dumb movie.

ID:R didn't have editing like this did though. It didn't have tonal shifts like this did. It didn't use music like this did. It didn't use screen filters like this did. It gave "most" (not all) of it's characters more of an arc then villains who occupied full posters.

I think the thing that's the most frustrating about Suicide Squad is you can see how much potential it had while watching it. ID:R had none of that. There was no good movie in there.

As bad a movie as ID:R is, that never made me unintentionally laugh out loud like Suicide Squad. Maybe these comic book movies just aren't for me anymore if they are going to continue to go down this route. Dr. Strange looks cool due to the visuals and the actors involved. I'm not excited about Hulk/Thor or whatever it's called, at all. This is not a Marvel vs DC thing.

Just now, Baumer loves Dory said:

FTSBF 

Ghostrusters sux

ID4 is MST3K BAD

SS is great.

I don't know what FTSBF is

Ghostbusters rocks, not as much as the original but just seeing young kids falling for them was worth it

I'll never watch ID4 whatever just like I'll never watch the remakes of Robocop, Total Recall and Genyshit, I just watched Ghostbusters to punch far right dude bros on their faces and it was worth it

SS is amazeballs

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

It feels weird that I'm the only one here with no strong negative or positive feelings towards the Sqwad. To me, it was just kinda mediocre and forgettable.

I don't think it was MEMORABLE. I think it was fun. Thor: The Dark World is FUN in my book and I love it, more so than the first Thor. It was... FUN. An enjoyable messy film that was FUN, and the best thing from DC since TDK. Me and PAD approve. 

Sooo next year we have and to prove this isn't a Marvel/DC thing:

Wolverine: I don't know man. I'm sick of the character but if it's finally R and not based in Asia maybe it will be good.

Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 - Maybe the marketing will sell me again and I trust James Gunn. Do we really need another one though?
Wonder Woman - meh, maybe the marketing will do more closer to release
Spider-Man: Homecoming - Tom Holland was awesome in the role and Marvel finally gets its shot at this franchise. 
Untitled Fox Film: Depends on the character - Gambit could be cool and I welcome another Deadpool if FOX stays the hell out of it.
Thor: Ragnarok - I disliked the last two with The Dark World not even worth rewatching. Very meh on it besides Hulk being involved.
Justice League - Looks to have a ton of potential from the footage released. Besides Spiderman, it's the most on this list that I'm anticipating despite all DCs missteps, still have faith it could be good.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1