Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

10 hours ago, mredman said:

its faced 2 new movies and UNJUSTIFIED BIASED hate from the critics

Number of DC fans claiming critics were biased when they praised the Nolan movies=0

Number of DC fans claiming critics are biased now=All of them?   ;) 

WW has GOT to get good reviews...I just have to see what DC fans say about that.

9 hours ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Instead of "terrible WOM", another way of looking at it is that the movie had a limited fanbase (made more limited by reviews and general reception), and that fanbase has -- by next weekend -- already seen it. 

Maybe it's just "comic book movie legs" now?    The fan war between Marvel and DC won't allow them to realize all these movies effect each other.   If a few bad ones come out (i.e. movies the public doesn't love) that's going to effect all the comic book movies.   The genre grows and diminishes based upon what ALL of them do.    There is no way the reception of BvS didn't hurt CW.

4 hours ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

GOTG2 is going to be huge because it's Marvel.  They are infallible right now.  Doctor Strange will probably do 200 domestic and 600 WW and imo it looks ridiculous.  But Marvel loonies are a devoted bunch and all of their films do well.  

I have a feeling Dr Strange won't get that close to 200m.   I'm thinking it's going to struggle to get past 150m.

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

By the time GOTG merges with CAP-BUCKY, IM-SPIDEY and THOR-HULK storylines, they should hand out booklets at the ticket counter to summarize past events.

lol...I like it.   It's not a terrible idea.

• Like 2

Good new for Suicide squad is its saturday to saturday drop. That is much better than BvS. Plus with little competition ahead I think its going to do MOS numbers.

Edit: I check bvs also had similar saturday drop. I guess its not that much different. But I still think its going to have better multi than BvS.

Edited by keysersoze123

1 minute ago, BluRayHiDef said:

I'd really like to know what Rth does for a living and subsequently how he gains this knowledge before us commoners. I've been told that he can't or won't divulge, but I'd like to know why.

He is a gifted psychic. :mellow:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jb007 said:

He is a gifted psychic. :mellow:

If he's an industry insider, such as a box-office analyst, I don't see why it would be a big deal for him to reveal his profession. This leads me to believe that he's something much more grand: a celebrity - an actor, movie producer, or director. He could be Leonardo DiCaprio, Kevin Feige, or James Cameron. I suppose that he doesn't want to be spammed by fans. 

Just now, BluRayHiDef said:

If he's an industry insider, such as a box-office analyst, I don't see why it would be a big deal for him to reveal his profession. This leads me to believe that he's something much more grand: a celebrity - an actor, movie producer, or director. He could be Leonardo DiCaprio, Kevin Feige, or James Cameron. I suppose that he doesn't want to be spammed by fans. 

He knows best. If he doesn't want to reveal what he does, we have to respect his wishes. We have to be really glad that we have somebody like him granting us favors which is truly available only to a select few in the world. Let's dwell on the numbers instead. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

I'd really like to know what Rth does for a living and subsequently how he gains this knowledge before us commoners. I've been told that he can't or won't divulge, but I'd like to know why.

He eats brains to gain other people's knowledge and contact information.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jb007 said:

He knows best. If he doesn't want to reveal what he does, we have to respect his wishes. We have to be really glad that we have somebody like him granting us favors which is truly available only to a select few in the world. Let's dwell on the numbers instead. 

Understood, but I'm personally going to assume that he's James Cameron. Hey, @Rth, I love Terminator 2..You're the best, mate. :D

• Like 8