cannastop

Zootopia 2 | November 26, 2025

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

That guy was such a fucking fraud.

was he? I know he lost the lawsuit but does that mean he is a fraud? I can believe that he pitched zootopia to Disney before they made it. That sort of stuff happens all the time. I dont think he should be awarded compensation for it but i can believe its true.

23 minutes ago, Avatree said:

was he? I know he lost the lawsuit but does that mean he is a fraud? I can believe that he pitched zootopia to Disney before they made it. That sort of stuff happens all the time. I dont think he should be awarded compensation for it but i can believe its true.

According to his suit Zootopia was a fiction inside a larger story called Looney. And he never demonstrated plot similarities.

Neither he nor Disney are the first to use "Zootopia" anyways.

Edited by cannastop

https://animationinsider1.blogspot.com/2019/06/bonus-zootopia-sequel-details-and-more.html?m=1

A sequel to the 2016 hit film Zootopia has been in development since early this year, I'm hearing the sequel will take place after the events of the first film and will focus on a new threat in the city of Zootopia. The movie will have Byron Howard as the sole director and will have new writers. The film is in it's very early stages of development with only seven drafts completed. Disney hopes to have the movie ready for a November 2022 release.

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

https://animationinsider1.blogspot.com/2019/06/bonus-zootopia-sequel-details-and-more.html?m=1

A sequel to the 2016 hit film Zootopia has been in development since early this year, I'm hearing the sequel will take place after the events of the first film and will focus on a new threat in the city of Zootopia. The movie will have Byron Howard as the sole director and will have new writers. The film is in it's very early stages of development with only seven drafts completed. Disney hopes to have the movie ready for a November 2022 release.

Well now we wait until D23 to see if it's bullshit.

New writers? I wonder if Josie Trinidad and Jim Reardon are still the story supervisors.

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I know the original Zootopia is cop propaganda and it's white as hell, (yes I know one of the writers was Josie Trinidad). But dammit, I still like it.

I call it "Baby's First Oppression Allegory", but it fits with the demographic - Families who think MLK ended racism and young children.

I like it too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I call it "Baby's First Oppression Allegory", but it fits with the demographic - Families who think MLK ended racism and young children.

I like it too.

But it also gets adults mad at it too. For its simplicity I mean.

I heard one of these critics say that children deserve better than Zootopia, but I've never seen anything that even tries to say some of the things Zootopia says. To children I mean.

I did hear one person (someone of color) say approvingly that Zootopia was good for "children and white people" though.

Edited by cannastop

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

But it also gets adults mad at it too. For its simplicity I mean.

I heard one of these critics say that children deserve better than Zootopia, but I've never seen anything that even tries to say some of the things Zootopia says. To children I mean.

I want to see what they want children to have tbh. I can't even get grown adults to acknowledge privilege and power structures...hell, maybe the kids would.

And I should rewrite my initial post to add a comma. Not that MLK killed racism and young children.