Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

https://variety.com/vip/the-mandalorian-a-hit-so-big-even-netflix-can-respect-it-subscriber-extra-edition-1234848248/

Meanwhile, “The Mandalorian” in November drew its biggest crowd on Disney+ since December 2019, when the latter half of the first season of that show was rolling out.  

An impressive 48% of Disney+ viewers among 7Park Data’s panel in November 2020 watched “The Mandalorian,” a figure just shy of the 53% of panel viewers that watched the title in December 2019.  

Share of Disney+ Audience Reached By The Mandalorian 

Percentage of Disney+ viewers in the 7Park Data panel who watched "The Mandalorian" each month

November 2019 - 38%

December 2019 - 53%

January 2020 - 33%

February 2020 - 14%

March 2020 - 14%

April 2020 - 9%

May 2020 - 3%

June 2020 - 2%

July 2020 - 4%

August 2020 - 3%

September 2020 - 4%

October 2020 - 27%

November 2020 - 48%

SOURCE: 7PARK DATA

NOTE: OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER 2020 FIGURES REFLECT VIEWERS WATCHING S1 AND S2 ONCE S2 BEGAN IN OCTOBER 2020. FIGURES ARE U.S. ONLY AND SOURCED FROM A CENSUS-BALANCED PANEL WITH A RANGE OF 15,000-25,000 U.S. HOUSEHOLDS WATCHING VIA CONNECTED TV. MOBILE NOT MEASURED BY THE 7PARK PANEL.

Moreover, those figures suggest that more Disney+ viewers flocked to “The Mandalorian” during the rollout of S2 of the show versus its S1 rollout. 38% of the Disney+ audience measured by 7Park Data watched “The Mandalorian” in November 2019, a figure ten percentage points lower than the comparable audience share figure in November 2020. 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

I didn’t any mention of this in the Disney+ thread, but there will be crossovers with Rangers of the New Republic and Ahsoka in future seasons of the Mandalorian. Fingers crossed for a crossover event retaking Mandalore...

So who's gonna be the troublemaker that suggests that/wonders if Gina Carano is one of the stars of Rangers of the New Republic:ph34r:

(one might notice I did not broach that possibility in the thread I just started on the topic :lol:)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Popping this out of the D+ thread as I don't want it getting lost in the tsunami of discussion:

===

I will say that there is one very good thing about so much SW content coming to D+:

By this I mean, if you don't like one certain show for whatever reason, relax.  There's plenty of other things that might appeal to you more.  Also might take the pressure off of any one show to be THE standard bearer, if there is so much else running around.

This is the flip side to the dilution argument.  Yes, things might be diluted.  But that also means one doesn't have to flip out if one or two or three things doesn't appeal/or you outright hate them.

Or we can all act like that.  That works too. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Don’t worry boss, I got it 🤣

Don't you dare bring that to that thread until we actually get some solid gossiping on that front, :lol:   I'd rather that thread NOT turn out to be a train wreck from the start. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Spoily thoughts:

Spoiler

There is no way, and I mean absolute no-fucking-way, Din Djarin would have done any of the stuff he did in this episode without the earlier character development from meeting other Mandos this season. He would have done something stupid and probably got himself killed.

But the pathos was real.  The struggle was real.  But who knew, who could possibly know, that it was a conversation from Mayfield about being able to sleep at night and what lines get crossed when the chips are down which was the final piece.

Simply beautifully done as a character arc, from start to finish.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 6

Best episode.

Spoiler

As Porthos said, never thought I would be cheering for Tie fighters and that's what missing from Star Wars for me. It was too one dimensional. Really great to show human side of people in empire. 

Spoiler

That whole sequence was very well done. We see rebels dying off empire and empire soldiers saluting.

Spoiler

Liked the call back to moff gideon speech last season.

Also

Spoiler

Filler episode:hahaha:

Next one is directed by Lord Taika right?

• Like 2