baumer

Thursday Numbers (Not the weekend thread) SS (1.67 Deadline)

14 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

The problem is that this ISN'T the first time that Fox has the opportunity of having a young team. Hell, look at Apocalypse and how well that went. The problem with Singerverse is that it's holding EVERYONE back, New Mutants included. Deadpool was exciting and now, and regardless your personal feelings about the film, both critics and audiences love that film to death, myself included. And yeah I was a HUGE X-Men, Teen Titans, New Warriors, Gen 13 and Runaways fan. Young Justice came a little late, but I loved the Geoff Johns run in Titans too, and I wasn't a teenager anymore. My opinion is that the X-Men can be bigger than BOTH The Avengers and Justice League if done right. But in order for that to happen, the Singerverse needs to die. Deadpool doesn't need the Singerverse, it's the other way around. I know some vocal fans of that franchise post here, maybe you are even one, but Singerverse isn't an asset to the X-Men, it's the other way around. Nothing would make me happier than see ALL the X-Men from Deadpool's timeline. If that got green lighted and it was in the MCU, I'd go literally insane. I just want the Singerverse to end with whatever Wolverine 3 and get the X-Men in the MCU in a similar deal than Sony has with Marvel for Phase 4. Hell, bring Jackman for the Infinity War Pt. 2 and have him dying a hero's death to get rebooted inside that universe. Give me a Spider-Man / Deadpool team-up with a hell lot of bleeps. 

Also, give me Teen Titans. And making Runaways a fucking Hulu TV show is a fucking mistake, so thank you for nothing, Loeb. 

I think the New Mutants can surprise. There's just so much potential there for creative use of powers. Back in the 80s, the New Mutants had such a unique mix of art, drama, and truly different powers. I so appreciated Cipher, for instance, and Magik, Warlock, and Moonstar will be visually stunning. I actually enjoyed Apocalypse, more than Suicide Squad at least, and felt it did capture a lot of what made the X-Men special, but visually, it's not as strong as the MCU. i feel the same way about the DCEU better capturing the DC characters, but visually, the universe is not as appealing as the MCU. I see it as the DCEU should be the toy-line based off of the Timmverse, but instead we got Total Justice instead. Similarly, the Singerverse characters don't even have the Romita Jr grit feel or even the Morrison-look, let alone the Byrne/Dark-Phoenix-Saga splendor that could be their max potential. However, in terms of characterization and direction, I felt like the Claremont X-Men were given life, especially Magneto, who is my favorite Marvel character. Potentially, an MCU version could be even better, I agree, but I have seen very few MCU movies better than First Class, so I'm not completely giving up on Fox just yet. 

6 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

I understand people that think this, just like I understand people that say that The Winter Soldier is better. To me, The Avengers is the MCU equivalent of Star Wars, Civil War and The Winter Soldier are both like The Empire Strikes Back and Age of Ultron is... Revenge of the Sith. My MCU ranking so far:

1. Captain America: Civil War

2. The Avengers

3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

4. Iron Man

5. Guardians of the Galaxy

6. Captain America: The First Avenger

7. Iron Man 3

8. Ant-Man

9. Thor

10. The Avengers: Age of Ultron

11. Thor: The Dark World

12. Iron Man 2

13. The Incredible Hulk

Star Wars, for comparison:

1. The Empire Strikes Back

2. The Force Awakens

3. A New Hope

4. Return of the Jedi

5. Revenge of the Sith

6. The Phantom Menace

7. Attack of the Clones

TWS and CW are great but don't match up to TA because they don't have that charm of being the first film to feature the Avengers in live action and because they require viewers to have seen their predecessors to understand them (TA is fully appreciable even without its preceeding stand-alone films).

39 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

@Rth 

Would you be so kind as to provide us with Friday's numbers, please?

I'd also ask the other knowlegeable one, but I tend to forget his name because its somewhat complicated. Niphelan...nihepelan?

Go to the weekend thread.