efialtes76

Weekend Thread: Peregrine: 28.5| Deep: 20.6| M7: 15.7 pg 22

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Deepwater Horizon is only going to be a disaster financially due to the too-high budget. Notice how that's become a running theme this year.

I was predicting something like a $25M opening this whole time and it looks like it'll be on the mark.

It'll probably open lower actually.

If Deepwater does more than 8M on Friday, I wouldn't be totally surprised if it had an amazing sat and sun and has a 25M weekend.

Also... someone just blared Rebecca Black's Friday over the announcements across the school for a straight minute. It turned off and a moment later the principal's voice came up "sorry about that." Then nothing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Also... someone just blared Rebecca Black's Friday over the announcements across the school for a straight minute. It turned off and a moment later the principal's voice came up "sorry about that." Then nothing.

Please don't remind me of when that was actually a "thing." Lawd.

• Like 1

Did Masterminds even have early screenings last night?

I guess anything over a $5M opening would be something of a win for it, considering how long it's been sitting on the shelf due to Relativity's woes and the movie doesn't look particularly funny despite a great cast.

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

rebecca black's still going btw. now she just sounds boring though like any other young wannabe popstar. like the true grit girl.

Steinfeld literally has no vocal range. Her duet with the Stitches guy has him running circles around her basically., and that guy barely is competent. 

No wonder her big single from Pitch Perfect 2 was not a Cups level hit.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DAJK said:

If Deepwater does more than 8M on Friday, I wouldn't be totally surprised if it had an amazing sat and sun and has a 25M weekend.

:rotfl:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Did Masterminds even have early screenings last night?

I guess anything over a $5M opening would be something of a win for it, considering how long it's been sitting on the shelf due to Relativity's woes and the movie doesn't look particularly funny despite a great cast.

No. They want 125M in revenue from the movie (between box office and homevideo/VOD money).

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Steinfeld literally has no vocal range. Her duet with the Stitches guy has him running circles around her basically., and that guy barely is competent. 

Her character in Pitch Perfect 2 was also ridiculously bland - Kendrick had a lot more personality in the first one.

Just now, CJohn said:

No. They want 125M in revenue from the movie (between box office and homevideo/VOD money).

lol good luck.

Btw it's directed by Jared Hess of Napoleon Dynamite. How hard was that fall into total career irrelevancy (everything after Nacho Libre from him has barely received a theatrical release).

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

apparently steinfeld is good in this new seventeen movie. so it's cool six years later she now has a second good performance.

I've seen the trailer for The Edge of Seventeen a few times now and every time I can't help but laugh at Woody continuing to prove he's the best. "You should watch out for run-on sentences." :lol:

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

She sounds good in this video.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I've seen the trailer for The Edge of Seventeen a few times now and every time I can't help but laugh at Woody continuing to prove he's the best. "You should watch out for run-on sentences." :lol:

Yup, Woody is the main reason I'm watching that movie someday.