Jonwo

Wonka | December 15, 2023 | TIMOTHEE IS WILLY WONKA FAM | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Wonka” (Warner Bros.) achieved something that the much bigger “Barbie” and “Oppenheimer” didn’t. With the #1 spot again this week on VOD top 10s of iTunes, Google Play, and Vudu, it becomes the first film to do this since “Avatar: The Way of Water” last year.

It didn’t come without a challenge. “The Iron Claw” (A24), like the Roald Dahl-inspired musical priced at $19.99 (though to buy; “Wonka” remains rental only) when released on Tuesday, held the #1 spot at iTunes for five days before dropping down. It’s #2 as well at Vudu, with the always lagging Google Play showing it at #5.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2024 at 6:41 PM, HummingLemon496 said:

Wonka's OS-China total is almost the same as Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Wonka - $363,900,000

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - $399,605,628

Of which the studio will see about 30 ro 40 million giventhe rigid limits on how much money a studio can take out of China.

5 hours ago, AMCTheater2000 said:

And you can bet that Tim is going to get a LOT more money for the sequel then he did for the original. Probably getting asvice on that fom Joaquin Phoenix as we speak.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 11:03 AM, Eric Web said:

I know I’m supposed to be my beloved’s hypeman, but....there must have been better projects for him to say yes to

lol I'm a fucking dumbass. This was the perfect, the best, the most wonderfulest project he could have ever chosen. :wub: 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 10:27 PM, lorddemaxus said:

I feel like Erik Davis thinks she's playing the mom just cuz she's older, and you never see younger guy, older woman romances. Still hoping that she plays the love interest and not the mom.

Thank goodness that didn't happen, because Timmy being a momma's boy is soooooooooooooooooooooo cute

21 minutes ago, Eric Web said:

lol I'm a fucking dumbass. This was the perfect, the best, the most wonderfulest project he could have ever chosen. :wub: 

He pissed me off a while after the movie with his SNL gig, but he was very cute and charming in this movie.

A good decision indeed!

46 minutes ago, Eric Web said:

If i'm not wrong i read time ago Ryan Gosling was in talks too to make this movie. So they didn't have like a whole story and idea (cause how Gosling could fit with this story?) but they build the movie on a specific actor, Timothee in this case. So this was the reason is so perfect for him.

On 2/26/2024 at 5:07 PM, Eric Atreides said:

Anybody know who fraking much a ticket to this fiasco cost?

I guess another case proving  that indded a sucker is born every minute.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Anybody know who fraking much a ticket to this fiasco cost?

I guess another case proving  that indded a sucker is born every minute.

£35 pounds / about 40$ USD.

Why apply to jobs when I can just slap on a halloween costume and build a Square Space site.