Jonwo

Wonka | December 15, 2023 | TIMOTHEE IS WILLY WONKA FAM | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

I'm feeling this movie has a great story and very likeable supporting characters. Something you can't show in a trailer, at least not on the first alone.

So at the end will be critically acclaimed. Not like the paddingtons cause seems a little bit unoriginal on visual side but can came for a 75 on metacritic.

Edited by vale9001

16 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I'm sorry but I'm not sold at all on Chalamet, especially since it's clear he's meant to be Wilders version.

Why didn't they cast Hugh Grant as Wonka instead?

Because Hugh Grant is 62 years old. It's meant to be a young Willy Wonka,

56 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I'm sorry but I'm not sold at all on Chalamet, especially since it's clear he's meant to be Wilders version.

Why didn't they cast Hugh Grant as Wonka instead?

i guess their goal is more than 40M at WW box office

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

They de aged him to make him an Oompa Loompa I'm sure they could de age him to play Wonka 

Yeah, I think that'd be stretching credibility, he's aged well but no amount of CGI could make him look like he did in 1994. 

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

You think this very bad performance by Chalamet is that much more a certainty?

You do know that this movie doesn't come out for another five months and all we've seen from it is 2.5 minutes of footage, right? Nobody's seen his entire performance (or the movie, for that matter) yet.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You do know that this movie doesn't come out for another five months and all we've seen from it is 2.5 minutes of footage, right? Nobody's seen his entire performance (or the movie, for that matter) yet.

Then maybe they should show something better? I don't know what you want me to say here.

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Then maybe they should show something better? I don't know what you want me to say here.

You seem awfully bound and determined to write the movie off and declare failure inevitable like that's a fact when, as far as I can tell, the trailer is being well-received so far. It's possible it's a bad movie and that he's bad in it and it flops at the box office, but no one's eager to bury it just yet (especially when Christmas is looking to be very light on event movies this year).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

You think this very bad performance by Chalamet is that much more a certainty?

yes perfect movie he can sell to his core audience. Not Dune or indie movies about him eating people 🤣

Edited by vale9001

18 hours ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

This trailer just looks ok. It might do well but I don't know how many people are really interested in watching a prequel for Willy Wonka. Having the Paddington director helps though. 

I like Paul King,  but I have a basic skepticiam about spinoffs from classic novels.

A classic novel is not the same as a Comic Book Universe. Writers are not interchangable.

Hell look at the FB films. They had the original writer involved,  (which they won't have here) and they did not really work.

But is a good sign if King decided to ditch the BS backstory for Wonka in the Burton mess.

One of the things that caused Burton's delince as a serious filmmaker was his obssesion with inserting a charecter with "Daddy Issues" in almost every he made after circa 2001, whether if fit or not.

23 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Like I'm not saying it's gonna be CATS or anything but they shouldn't have tried to make it an outright prequel to the actual Wilder movie, since it only invites comparisons to him

Burton one was even a remake. I don't think people care too much about It. It's a prequel so the actor is different, i don't see all these Kids making a comparison between chalamet or any new actor and a very old actor from another era. 

The movie seems a little bit standard and uninspired on visuals side but if the story Is enganging and the songs are enjoyable i think will be fine. 

Edited by vale9001