That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Saturday Asgrard pg 28 or 29 DS 32 Trolls 19 HR 5.8

12 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

In my experience (hubby at least twice in a big way) and observations in my family / circle of friends it happens quite often (a lot working time-wise) working dads are one or more steps behind their awareness / impression how ... developed (?) their child is than theis children really are.

Including missing big changes around the beginning of school going, them hitting ~ early puberty, the real puberty,...

Usually worse for ~ part time dads after a divorce, those tend to be often a 'bit' surprised about the real interests of their children, who might even have had a kind of push in development based on the separation, like changing schools, avoiding parents in the time before the separation,..., often even - again - worse, if that are females / daughters...

Might also have been because he fears being held accountable for anything she picks up

9 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Excuse me....but who the hell doesn't like KFP3??

It's an animated film of good quality....just like Finding Dory & Zootopia

No wonder how people didn't see it many times on droves....back in January.

I like KF3 a lot, but I'm sure there were plenty of people who didn't particularly care for it. It happens!

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I like KF3 a lot, but I'm sure there were plenty of people who didn't particularly care for it. It happens!

There's nothing to suggest that it'll have the unexpected poor legs that Peanuts will not have.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

12 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

It's an animated film of good quality....just like Finding Dory & Zootopia.

Anyone who thinks KFP3 ain't worth the reception.......my god, you have some serious problems.

KFP3 is fine but basic.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Anyone who thinks KFP3 ain't worth the reception.......my god, you have some serious problems.

It's beautiful, and better than #2, but it's just...fine. I don't think the moral is strongly integrated enough to even beat Dory.

I say this as someone who buys basically every bit of KFP merch I can find. I waited five years and it was fine. If it does get nominated for anything outside of Annies, I will be extremely surprised. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

well, here in my country KFP it's not a big franchise...we love many animations, but KFP is not one of them.

btw: here, the 3rd part was received worse than the 2nd. 

19 minutes ago, thunder storm said:

well, here in my country KFP it's not a big franchise...we love many animations, but KFP is not one of them.

btw: here, the 3rd part was received worse than the 2nd. 

It has little to do with popularity. We're talking quality here.

And actually at RT....KFP3, had a bit better ratings than 2.

You're basing it on the wrong reasons.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

34 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Might also have been because he fears being held accountable for anything she picks up

??? What should she pick up in an MCU movie? And if he 'fears'... than something is wrong in that matrimony IMHO. And parenthood. And/Or...?

I'll drive tomorrow to a city to get to watch Dr Strange in English. Only time it plays as OV is ... midday. Afterwards I'll have to work for an 1/2 day, maybe some Asian weekend results will be available till then ...

8 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

It has little to do with popularity. We're talking quality here.

And actually at RT....KFP3, had a bit better ratings than 2.

You're basing it on the wrong reasons.

like I said, kfp3 was boring (imo). the first one was amazing, the 2nd - good, but the 3rd...is just another animation without nothing special. 
Trolls is much better than Poe. 

btw: cinemagia is like rt or imdb in Romania. kfp2 has better ratings than 3. 8.1 vs 7.8. 
http://www.cinemagia.ro/filme/kung-fu-panda-2-30240/
http://www.cinemagia.ro/filme/kung-fu-panda-3-589375/

8 minutes ago, thunder storm said:

like I said, kfp3 was boring (imo). the first one was amazing, the 2nd - good, but the 3rd...is just another animation without nothing special. 
Trolls is much better than Poe. 

btw: cinemagia is like rt or imdb in Romania. kfp2 has better ratings than 3. 8.1 vs 7.8. 
http://www.cinemagia.ro/filme/kung-fu-panda-2-30240/
http://www.cinemagia.ro/filme/kung-fu-panda-3-589375/

Bildresultat för you mad meme

Whatever.....meh. :rolleyes:

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

MY ANALYSIS

Doctor Strange – I think I will be liberal with how it does on Saturday and Sunday.  It clearly is a must see in 3D so I think that and the IMAX and higher screens will keep the weekend multiplier not so frontloaded.  An opening day number of $32,559,000 consists of $9,400,000 from Thursday night and $23, 159,000 on Friday.  From 3,882 locations, per location average is $5,966.  Assume a +25% increase Saturday and -33% decrease Sunday.  That makes a 3-day average of $18,419 for 71.50M.  Add in Thursday previews and it makes 80.90M.  Average is $20,840.  For a hypothetical 81M, the average is $20,866.  Boxoffice.com projects 81.0M and I will stand by that.  I project a 70% drop Monday for 5.82M, 33% Tuesday increase for 7.76M, and a 50% drop for Wednesday and Thursday at 3.88M each day.  That gives a 7 day sum of 102.34M.  A second weekend of 37.66M gives it 140M in 10 days.  That is a 53.51% decrease from the first weekend and 47.4% drop excluding Thursday previews.  300M could be possible if it hits 90M this weekend and has phenomenal legs.  I think it should make around the 250M Thor 2 was projected to make after opening weekend.  Fantastic Beasts should not hit it as hard as Frozen + Catching Fire.

Trolls – Opening day is $12,300,000.  $11,400,000 Friday and $900,000 Thursday previews.  11.4M Friday gives $2,808 per location average.  A 19.0M Saturday could result if it increases 66.66666% today.  Assume a .66666666 drop Sunday and you have a 3 day sum of 43.068M.  Add in 900K in Thursday previews and the 44.0M that boxoffice.com seems to be on target.

Hacksaw Ridge – I am going a little higher than boxoffice.com is projecting.  Opening day is $5,220,000.  Friday is $4,470,000 for an average of $1,549.  I see the need to go conservative.  On Saturday The Accountant increased 23.81%, The Girl on a Train-11.87%, Jack Reacher – 16.98%, Inferno – 19.70%, Magnificent Seven – 25.34%, Snowden – 14.35%, Bridget Joneses 21.96% and Birth of a Nation – 20.04%.  I assume boxoffice.com did not consider Sully and the expected 35.60% increase it had, but maybe it forgot to compare with Deepwater Horizon and its 33.70% Saturday increase. 

I think Hacksaw Ridge stands a great chance of increasing at least 33.333333333% today for a 5.96 Saturday.  To complete the analysis for a 15.000 weekend, Sunday would be 3.82 million for a 36% decrease from Saturday.  I think it will decrease a little better than this, but no adult drama has decreased this well on Sunday yet this fall season.  In fact, Birth of a Nation dropped 36.06% from its first Saturday and this figure with Hacksaw Ridge gives 35.91% so it’s a good theory to rest at and a 15.00M weekend.  A 5.0 multiplier gives it a Bridge of Spies like 75M total.  I wonder what would have happened with Bridge of Spies if it chose this release date a year ago and went against Spectre or in Spectre’s second week???

HOLDOVERS

American Pastoral  - As a Ewan McGregor fan, I am upset with how this film is doing.  It expanded from 51 locations last week to 70 this week.  One of the expanding locations is a local cinema that has reserved seating and I sneaked a peek and was disappointed seeing the results.  It does not look good for long term aspects like the way Desierto is holding.  American Pastoral averaged $314 per location, down 28.8% from last week, but the dollar gross should hold steady in the upper 80K range for the weekend and a total north of .420M.  Hopefully a best picture win will further its chances of hitting 100M and bringing Obi-Wan Kenobi into the spotlight.

Birth of a Nation – Down 7.79% in per screen average from last Friday @ $355.   In fact, its second Friday it averaged $377 from 2,105 locations.  Its third Friday it averaged $407 from 633 locations.  Its fourth Friday it averaged $385 from 404 locations.  And this fifth Friday it averaged $355 from 197 locations.  Look for reported numbered to slowly trickle along for the next few months.  Total should be 15.56M after Sunday.

Middle School – Looking to add $391,000 for a cume of 19.11.  20M looks entirely possible.  Weekend per screen average should be down 17.23% from last weekend.

• Like 1