kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

7 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Seems way too early.

Not really. Indiana Jones was late June and had a trailer there last year. Last year also had a poster for Blue Beetle. And up till recently it was planned for May. With how much CCXP is growing, I don't see Marvel skipping it outright.

Edited by SpiderByte

Honestly even if this is great and blows up, don’t think it’ll be enough to fix the problems the MCU is currently in. Guardians 3 nor Wakanda Forever helped, if anything those felt like jump off points or something moreso the GA was really into.

That stretch of Fantastic Four/Cap/Thunderbolts/Blade needs to be great and honestly I don’t think Marvel can pull it off. Do think if they could, if F4 and SM4 (assuming it opens in 2025 like hinted) should release before Cap 4/Thunderbolts/Blade. What they need is a solid streak of well performing hits.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, YM! said:

Honestly even if this is great and blows up, don’t think it’ll be enough to fix the problems the MCU is currently in. Guardians 3 nor Wakanda Forever helped, if anything those felt like jump off points or something moreso the GA was really into.

That stretch of Fantastic Four/Cap/Thunderbolts/Blade needs to be great and honestly I don’t think Marvel can pull it off. Do think if they could, if F4 and SM4 (assuming it opens in 2025 like hinted) should release before Cap 4/Thunderbolts/Blade. What they need is a solid streak of well performing hits.

Or, alternatively, if what we think we know about Deadpool's story is true, and it's also a big blockbuster success, it honestly could reset the expectations for the next couple of MCU movies, if they play off it that is.

The whole thing could literally change the MCU completely in one movie, but only if they nail it and have it actually matter by already affecting the next movie.

Will that happen though? No clue, just a scenario that I think might happen.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Or, alternatively, if what we think we know about Deadpool's story is true, and it's also a big blockbuster success, it honestly could reset the expectations for the next couple of MCU movies, if they play off it that is.

The whole thing could literally change the MCU completely in one movie, but only if they nail it and have it actually matter by already affecting the next movie.

Both can happen especially with the multiverse stuff of Deadpool, but I’m keeping expectations in check.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I disagree. Think 2025 has to stand on the success of it's movies to really change  the narrative.

Deadpool may be great but if the subsequent  movies are not, it will be a shot fix ,raise the tide a little  but it will come crushing down fast again.

In l.5 years we moved from DS2 to the marvels". And that was MCU still in peak levels of excitement to  apathy . 

Post covid , Audiences have been picky and are in " wait and see" . We have had mega hits surprises followed by mega bombs .

So can see a scenario  of  alot of excitement for Deadpool 3(500/1.1bn) followed by complete apathy for cap 4(150/400m)  

19 hours ago, YM! said:

Honestly even if this is great and blows up, don’t think it’ll be enough to fix the problems the MCU is currently in.

I mean... I hate to say it, but isn't the likelihood far greater that this is going to go the same way as the current crop of MCU movies?

After all, this will likely be a neutered Deadpool. Disney won't be able to help themselves. It'll be much softer in tone and delivery than the previous two movies. And the audience isn't stupid. They'll pick up on it almost instantly. One of Deadpool's main draws was the politically incorrect nature of the humour. Is that really likely to be around for Disney's Deadpool?

...and it's coming out at a time when superhero films are falling off a cliff, in terms of popularity. 

Edited by FunkMiller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boxx93 said:

Probably a dumb question but, is this movie going to keep the 20th Century Studios logo or are they just gonna ditch it out and just put Marvel Studios?

Unclear. Maybe to differentiate it from the non-R Marvel stuff? But right now there isn't any indication either way.

6 hours ago, FunkMiller said:

After all, this will likely be a neutered Deadpool. Disney won't be able to help themselves. It'll be much softer in tone and delivery than the previous two movies. And the audience isn't stupid. They'll pick up on it almost instantly. One of Deadpool's main draws was the politically incorrect nature of the humour. Is that really likely to be around for Disney's Deadpool?

I don't know why you think it's PG-13 when theyve said, repeatedly, for several years, that it isn't.

Also...nothing in either Deadpool movie is really "politically incorrect".

17 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't know why you think it's PG-13 when theyve said, repeatedly, for several years, that it isn't.

Also...nothing in either Deadpool movie is really "politically incorrect".

Never said I think it will be PG-13. But it will be a soft R.

37 minutes ago, YM! said:

The Deadpool movies have always been “soft R”. They have the same appeal as Family Guy.

Yeah it's funny. People have convinced themselves that these films are somehow subversive, but they're just about the most formulaic super hero movies around with a little more gore and some gross out humor tossed in. The most shocking thing about the Deadpool films is how tame their criticism/parodying/jokes of other super hero films is.

11 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

Yeah it's funny. People have convinced themselves that these films are somehow subversive, but they're just about the most formulaic super hero movies around with a little more gore and some gross out humor tossed in. The most shocking thing about the Deadpool films is how tame their criticism/parodying/jokes of other super hero films is.

Yeah they mentioned Deadpool being "not politically correct" which was absolutely not a thing. People actually whines about Deadpool being PC for making NTW and Yukio a couple and casting a black woman as Domino.

The closest Deadpool movies have come to something truly transgressive or offensive in its jokes was the cut "whoever planned this stunt was high" joke from Deadpool 2, and that was unintentional and was removed because of the fatal stunt crash because it'd have been in terrible taste 

Edited by SpiderByte

Deadpool’s humor is very juvenile and even the politically incorrect stuff mostly feels like what a 13-year-old thinks is politically incorrect, although Ryan somehow makes it feel like a feature rather than something bad.

Unless that kind of juvenile humor just doesn’t work for you, then it’ll always just be bad. It’s obviously very popular though.

On 11/20/2023 at 11:26 AM, Liiviig 1998 said:

I disagree. Think 2025 has to stand on the success of it's movies to really change  the narrative.

Deadpool may be great but if the subsequent  movies are not, it will be a shot fix ,raise the tide a little  but it will come crushing down fast again.

In l.5 years we moved from DS2 to the marvels". And that was MCU still in peak levels of excitement to  apathy . 

Post covid , Audiences have been picky and are in " wait and see" . We have had mega hits surprises followed by mega bombs .

So can see a scenario  of  alot of excitement for Deadpool 3(500/1.1bn) followed by complete apathy for cap 4(150/400m)  

Anyone else feel like the Sony movies might work against it a little bit as well? Like, did Morbius hurt the MCU at all? Probably not but in addition to other issues, it certainly didn't help.

Edited by poweranimals
  • Like 1