kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

3 hours ago, crazymoviekid said:

They managed to shoot a majority during the writers strike, during a time when the star, a known improviser, cannot improvise. 😬😬

They also shot for the last several months after the strike. And the main characters mouth is covered 99% of the runtime. They did it for the last two movies too 

Edited by SpiderByte

1 hour ago, TMP said:

You have a crazy amount of faith in this movie considering you’re normally an even bigger cynic than me haha

What faith? I don’t have any particular interest in this at all. I’m not expecting anything different from the other Deadpool movies. I’m just pointing out that Ryan Reynolds’ “improv” is pretty easy to work around. 

This won't flop but I gotta wonder if it's gonna show major CMB fatigue effect even if the quality is there.

I just don't see the peak-Marvel era hype returning anytime soon. NWH was the last breath of it IMO from what I gather based on the numbers and andecdotal evidence among friend&family audience. I think GA in nig part is just done with the shtick for a while. Of course the absymal additions from Sony and DC only helped here. As did the devalutation of CMB cinematic experience with these D+ shows. Though Star Wars got its even worse in that regard :P

God we have 6 months to release for this and we are going to have the endless Will this suffer due to CBM fatigue. No!!!. The GA can and has been able to separate Deadpool from the rest for the very nature of the fact that he breaks the fourth wall and comments on the tropes of the Genre. That's the appeal. Unless it does just become a typical MCU movie and makes the same mistakes as they have been doing recently. 

6 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

God we have 6 months to release for this and we are going to have the endless Will this suffer due to CBM fatigue. No!!!. The GA can and has been able to separate Deadpool from the rest for the very nature of the fact that he breaks the fourth wall and comments on the tropes of the Genre. That's the appeal. Unless it does just become a typical MCU movie and makes the same mistakes as they have been doing recently. 

Is the appeal still gonna be there if the GA is tired of the whole genre in general? I don't see people begging for Spaceballs 2 at the moment

I'm not even saying "omg totally CMB fatigue hardcore and everything will flop from now on"   but I say it's wishul thinking that DP will be somehow imminue the fatigue of the very genre it's actually part of and occasionally parodying

1 minute ago, BobbyJohn said:

Is the appeal still gonna be there if the GA is tired of the whole genre in general? I don't see people begging for Spaceballs 2 at the moment

I'm not even saying "omg totally CMB fatigue hardcore and everything will flop from now on"   but I say it's wishul thinking that DP will be somehow imminue the fatigue of the very genre it's actually part of and occasionally parodying

Spaceball 2. WTF?  LOL.   Honestly I just wish it was Super Bowl sunday and then we can see how they will sell this movie. That will go a long way in determining what the hype and and excitement will be for this. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah all these arguments about fatigue are probably gonna look real silly when the public finally becomes aware this movie exists.

A user named u/blownaway4 on Reddit is predicting Deadpool 3 to underperform but as a huge Marvel fan I REALLY hope this comes true

Edited by HummingLemon496

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah all these arguments about fatigue are probably gonna look real silly when the public finally becomes aware this movie exists.

And fatigue arguments will roll right back in when cap 4 flops.

Fatigue is pretty real at this point. The day of mediocre CBMS getting by is dead. Each movie will survive based on it's WOM. If reception is bad , underperform or flop .

Deadpool 3, batman 2 ,Spidey 4, Avengers 5 and 6 ,strange 3 may never bomb but can see all underperform and fall off after OW.

As for the rest . It's a hail Mary . They will die or live depending on reception audience anticipation. 

Death of CBMs is exaggerated but fatigue is already here. 2023 just about did that.

2024  is suspect will be quite harsh to Sony spider verse movies. Venom 3 could either do as expected (450-500m) or severely underperform .

9 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Can we just like ban people from referring to reddit users.  Like we need to know what user u/blownaway4 thinks. GTFO with that shit. 

Also petitioning bans for linking reddit. Some guy in the tracking thread linked to a reddit post that just listed the predictions made in the tracking thread, what the hell is that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Can we just like ban people from referring to reddit users.  Like we need to know what user u/blownaway4 thinks. GTFO with that shit. 

That should be grounds for permaban imho

11 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

People are perfectly aware this movie exists. They've been since the reveal Hugh Jackman was back. 

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Not Super Bowl awareness. 50 million people was last years Super Bowl number.

Yeah the casuals or GA whatever  we want to call them may be somewhat aware DP3 is coming out at some time but the Super Bowl is when the awareness will explode. That's why they spend the money for the ad.