kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

3 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Marvel just needs to get the charli xcx brat endorsement. Look at Kamala Harris.

Pretty sure Kamala is too busy right now to care about the new Deadpool movie coming out.

12 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Also let's face it he was likely gonna come back anyways for Secret Wars.

Eugh. Don't remind me. The way Marvel nerds describe it, the whole thing sounds like the most pandering fan service nonsense ever. Are Marvel fans really content with a movie that is nothing but "look, it's that actor you like being that character in that movie you saw as a kid?" Do they not feel manipulated? Do they like being manipulated?

• Like 5
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Pretty sure Kamala is too busy right now to care about the new Deadpool movie coming out.

Oh... that's not what I implied! Kamala can do her own thing, but there were literal news reports about all the brat edit memes gaining her hype amongst Gen Z. That's what I'm refering to!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, justnumbers said:

Honestly I have no idea who most of these negative reviewers are nor have seen a reaction from them before here.

lol several of them are from the top tier publications in film criticism and journalism, RogerEbert.com etc. On RT they're labelled Top Critics.

39 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Why do superhero film fans always overreact when their movies get bad reviews? I never understood it.

They are all action films with actors in silly costumes and shouldn't be taken so damn seriously. A little more than 2 decades ago they were nearly all trash and the genre was the laughing stock of Hollywood, we have come such a long way.

Right? Some people are saying for hours how critics are snobs and their opinion doesn’t matter but they keep clearly pressed about it before the reviews even drop. 

Some i’ve seen doing this for every MCU movie in the past years. It’s easier to just admit that you care profoundly about critical reception and is sad about the possible outcome, it’s fine. 

I was part of a group with Marvels fans and my theory is that, considering many early SHM was panned by critics and the genre was only fully stablished culturally when MCU blowed up with very consistent high % on RT during their 12 years peak, they’re just get used to associate great critical reception as one of the biggest factors for the cultural dominance and success of SHM. 

That’s probably why many of the own fans freaked out many times about perfectly fine reviews like MOM and now gets very angry everytime a movie can possibly have this type of reception again. Is a data that makes explicit how the cultural dominance of the genre faded a lot post-pandemic despite the huge relevancy it still have with the right titles. 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Right? Some people are saying for hours how critics are snobs and their opinion doesn’t matter but they keep clearly pressed about it before the reviews even drop. 

Some i’ve seen doing this for every MCU movie in the past years. It’s easier to just admit that you care profoundly about critical reception and is sad about the possible outcome, it’s fine. 

I was part of a group with Marvels fans and my theory is that, considering many early SHM was panned by critics and the genre was only fully stablished culturally when MCU blowed up with very consistent high % on RT during their 12 years peak, they’re just get used to associated great critical reception as one of the biggest factors for the cultural dominance and success of SHM. 

That’s probably why many of the own fans freaked out many times about perfectly fine reviews like MOM and now gets very angry everytime a movie can possibly have this type of reception again. Is a data that makes explicit how the cultural dominance of the genre faded a lot post-pandemic despite the huge relevancy it still have with the right titles. 

As a loooooong time fan of many many different fandoms. I can tell you that there ain't anything unique about Marvel fandom when it comes to their reaction to critical reviews. :lol:   

Oh, to be sure, what you're mentioning here might be a contributing factor and/or something of a force multiplier.  But the "I don't care about reviews.  No really.  Let me tell you about how much I don't care about reviews for the next ten hours days weeks" is not exactly a unique occurance.

That the MCU fandom is going through this experience?  That there might be growing pains in not being used to such an experience?  Okay, gonna agree with the point there.  But, on the whole?

DirTznyVAAArXyR.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Oh... that's not what I implied! Kamala can do her own thing, but there were literal news reports about all the brat edit memes gaining her hype amongst Gen Z. That's what I'm refering to!

I thought you meant Deadpool also needed to get an endorsement from Kamala Harris. That's what I get for reading too fast. lol

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Eric Twister said:

Are Marvel fans really content with a movie that is nothing but "look, it's that actor you like being that character in that movie you saw as a kid?"

That's over simplification, People like to see characters and actors that they like, and it's not just marvel fans.

Also why wouldn't they, they like the actor playing the character, and they want more, why is wanting more of the thing you like is bad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

That's over simplification, People like to see characters and actors that they like, and it's not just marvel fans.

Also why wouldn't they, they like the actor playing the character, and they want more, why is wanting more of the thing you like is bad.

I agree as long as these characters still have something interesting to tell/show. Doing a sequel just for the sake of it (money) is not cool.

Edited by Maggie

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

As a loooooong time fan of many many different fandoms. I can tell you that there ain't anything unique about Marvel fandom when it comes to their reaction to critical reviews. :lol:   

Oh, to be sure, what you're mentioning here might be a contributing factor and/or something of a force multiplier.  But the "I don't care about reviews.  No really.  Let me tell you about how much I don't care about reviews for the next ten hours days weeks" is not exactly a unique occurance.

That the MCU fandom is going through this experience?  That there might be growing pains in not being used to such an experience?  Okay, gonna agree with the point there.  But, on the whole?

DirTznyVAAArXyR.jpg

Personally speaking, my interest on Reviews are because of the fact that they might affect the pre sales.

Especially for Marvel movies where Reviews kinda match with audience, but I'm thinking this one should Buck the trend.

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

I agree as long as these characters are still having something interesting to tell/show. Doing a sequel just for the sake of it (money) is not cool.

Well we don't know if the movie has something interesting to tell or show or not yet.

Reviwware not always about same thing, some may like or not like humour, some may like or not like multiverse stuff, and so on, some may or may not fimd emotions shallow or deep.

• Like 1