kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

8 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

R-Rated Deadpool + Wolverine is going to make like 30M less than PG-13 Infinity War domestically

Sure, domestically it almost got within 20% of IW admits and beating AoU by ~5%. A great performance… still not really close to avengers level (those are the two worst avengers performances)

Edited by Cooper Legion

4 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

Sure, domestically it almost got within 20% of IW admits and beating AoU by ~5%. A great performance… still not really close to avengers level

It's going to beat AOU by like 17%. AOU is at 47M admissions and DPW once it finishes will be like 54-55M. 

Edited by HummingLemon496

2 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Avengers admissions

A1: 65M
A2: 47M

A3: 65M

A4: 83.5M

63.8 geomean, 57.4 to be within 10% of geomean. BP1 and NWH the only MCU nonavengers to be in that tier dom, just nwh WW. Deadpool in the next tier down, which is insanely impressive still, just no need to get carried away like main comment I responded too 😛 

1 minute ago, Cooper Legion said:

63.8 geomean, 57.4 to be within 10% of geomean. BP1 and NWH the only MCU nonavengers to be in that tier dom, just nwh WW. Deadpool in the next tier down, which is insanely impressive still, just no need to get carried away like main comment I responded too 😛 

BP1 is at 69M admits and NWH is at 70M by the way. Actually insane how solo BP did the same-ish as three Spider-Men (and all the villains). 

23 hours ago, Cooper Legion said:

After this does outside the top 15 WW when every single Avengers movie made top 5? This movie is doing great and I’m happy for it, but it is decidedly not, as the kids say, an Avengers level threat

You really think that Kang Dynasty would've been Avengers level threat in itself.

They had Avengers from Wallmart and a failed Villain. Kang Dynasty was heading towards a trainwreck. Only after bringing back RDJ & banking on Russos they have been able to make people interested.

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

You really think that Kang Dynasty would've been Avengers level threat in itself.

They had Avengers from Wallmart and a failed Villain. Kang Dynasty was heading towards a trainwreck. Only after bringing back RDJ & banking on Russos they have been able to make people interested.

I didn’t say anything about Kang Dynasty. Only 4 avengers movies exist, their strength is what it is. If there is some new weaker state of affairs someday we will adjust what it means to be on avengers level, but you can’t downgrade based on movies that don’t exist

On 7/23/2024 at 2:08 PM, THUNDER BIRD said:

Imagine all this meltdown when reviews drop, they are bad and still Pre Sales continue to move for next 2 days without hiccup.

Movie opens 200+ and gets a solid Score from audience because it is crowd pleasing and we then look back at this thread with some embarrassment and some laughter.

This aged well

So funny how people were INSISTING that this would collapse because "oh no 55 metacritic"

And then they went back in their dens once it got an A CinemaScore

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

The naysayers have been silent since, this thing is still a beast at the box office even 1 month later!

It's incredible how an R-Rated Deadpool + Wolverine is having a Jurassic World/Avengers 1 level performance domestically. Though this is kinda a Star Wars situation where OS is big but not THAT big for how insane the domestic performance is.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

This aged well

So funny how people were INSISTING that this would collapse because "oh no 55 metacritic"

And then they went back in their dens once it got an A CinemaScore

I knew it back then that this would happen.

Basing your decision on Meta critic and online reactions which sounded like they hated the genre itself wasn't a smart thing to do.

Certain things that may not work for online would work for audience, and it was clear with RT reception which was at that point 80+

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I knew it back then that this would happen.

Basing your decision on Meta critic and online reactions which sounded like they hated the genre itself wasn't a smart thing to do.

Certain things that may not work for online would work for audience, and it was clear with RT reception which was at that point 80+

This is exactly what I meant when I said that everything you say is pure facts

15 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

It's incredible how an R-Rated Deadpool + Wolverine is having a Jurassic World/Avengers 1 level performance domestically. Though this is kinda a Star Wars situation where OS is big but not THAT big for how insane the domestic performance is.

This movie’s legs seem fairy typical compared for a $200 million opener. I know that’s not exactly a large sample size, but they don’t seem that insane to me. 

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

This movie’s legs seem fairy typical compared for a $200 million opener. I know that’s not exactly a large sample size, but they don’t seem that insane to me. 

It's insane because R rated movie is behaving like PG 13 . Opening to 200 M + and grossing more than 600M + is a big thing which puts it in a big league.

I think we can safely say, now that we have a reasonable example size, that when something hits 200+ it means something culturally in a way that supercedes normal performances. If it can get up to 200, it can get to 600 DOM close to guaranteed

Post pandemic, I notice movies with huge openings will get great legs while flops straight up collapse with horrible legs like The Marvels and Borderlands.

When audiences show up they show up big time, but failures straight up fail to even double their OW which was just unthinkable a few years back when flops could still develop legs. I think Inflation and streaming is playing a big part of this trend.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Post pandemic, I notice movies with huge openings will get great legs while flops straight up collapse with horrible legs like The Marvels and Borderlands.

When audiences show up they show up big time, but failures straight up fail to even double their OW which was just unthinkable a few years back when flops could still develop legs. I think Inflation and streaming is playing a big part of this trend.

I don’t know about that. Multiverse of Madness and Quantumania had strong openings but poor legs.