FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Trolls' soundtrack is currently ahead of the Moana one on iTunes, wtf?! 

There is no surprise here. You can't stop Justin Timberlake. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Considering that it is the release of Moana, shouldn't it been doing way better than a soundtrack that was released a month ago?

Not when that soundtrack has Justin Timberlake. 

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm disappointed at that 17 drop, I had hopes on a sub 20% drop. Well, at least it will become a future classic like Clueless/Mean Girls. 

It won't. People actually saw Clueless and Meangirls. 17 is like the tree that fell in the woods but no one was there to hear it. It will eventually find a following but not on the level of Clueless and Mean Girls. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

It won't. People actually saw Clueless and Meangirls. 17 is like the tree that fell in the woods but no one was there to hear it. It will eventually find a following but not on the level of Clueless and Mean Girls. 

Mean Girls was on last night.  One of my favorite movies.

• Like 1

Not sure if all later arriving ones are aware about this:

rth gave them rather early (a few minutes after EC meant it is still too early) = maybe especially early, as ~ gift for e.g. a few users with reasons for waiting urgently (if I remember right incl. someone with ~ freshly operated 2 wisdom teeth ..., whatever the other reasons were)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

Moana” looks to be ... $21.8 million at 3,875 locations on Friday. Its five-day estimate currently stands at just over $80 million.

Fantastic Beasts,” f... $18.6 million ...putting its estimates at about $65 million. ...should break $150 million ... weekend’s end.

“Doctor Strange,” ... $5.5 million ... Friday. The film,.. five-day earnings in the $14 million range,... cume above $200 million.

Allied” i.. $4.9 million Friday ...a $12 – $13 million opening weekend.

Bad Santa 2,” ...$6 million opening ...$2.3 million on Friday

Rules Don’t Apply” ... $600,000 at 2,382 locations ... the five-day frame with around $2 million.

Arrival” ... Friday ... additional $4.5 million ...

Lion” and “Miss Sloane” both opened in limited release at four and three locations respectively.

Out of yjs's link to Variety

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2