FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

When Spielberg or any director in town has a question, he calls James Cameron.

Without James Cameron, Jurassic Park would have not have been a game changing movie.

There can only be one God.

Cameron has the genius of Spielberg as a director.

Cameron has the foresight of Lucas on the use of technology.

Cameron has an intricate knowledge of absolutely every element of the movie he s directing, just like Kubrick, nothing is random.

In 1975 when Spielberg essentially created the Summer blockbuster with the then biggest movie of all time (Jaws), what was Cameron's contribution? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Cameron was angry at Lucas when he saw Star Wars back in 1977.

Why in the world was he angry?  

He's been quoted as saying that SW inspired him to be a film maker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

Jaws was the first movie to truly use a TV campaign in its marketing. It made TV spots a thing for movies. 

You and I are on the same page for this but to be fair, I think that had more to do with Universal and Zanuck and Brown than it did Spielberg.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Why in the world was he angry?  

He's been quoted as saying that SW inspired him to be a film maker.

Cameron was angry because of his ego.

He said to himself : " that s the movie I should have done."

He took it personally.

Star Wars was the ultimate fantasy/sci-fi movie done right for the first time and it was a wet dream for Cameron who, at the time, had already read/seen every sci-fi/fantasy book/movie known to man.

Star Wars was the ultimate game changing movie, not Jaws who only changed business practices and movie calendars.

Edited by The Futurist

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Cameron was angry because of his ego.

He said to himself : " that s the movie I should have done."

He took it personally.

Star Wars was the ultimate fantasy/sci-fi movie done right for the first time and it was a wet dream for Cameron who, at the time, had already read/seen every sci-fi/fantasy book/movie known to man.

Star Wars was the ultimate game changing movie, not Jaws who only changed business practices and movie calendars.

Star Wars changed special effects, that doesn't make it a better film than JAWS.

10 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

And what does Cameron's bitterness towards Star Wars have to do with his impact? :lol:

He must still be bitter. He just claimed they were just repeating themselves. As if the Death Star...... never mind.

Seriously though, I think they have only begun to explore the Star Wars galaxy.

1 minute ago, AABATTERY said:

I don't know if anyone else pointed this out yet, but Billy Lynn has a lower PTA than Finding Dory. ($68 vs $218)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Too bad because its a fine movie with a powerful message imo.

• Like 2

So, Hacksaw Ridge was very good. Great balance between the drama first half and hell on earth war film second half.

Allied was good, if spotty. It felt like a couple subplots had been conceived of but then cut, but a few tiny scraps had to be left in to preserve the coherency of other scenes.

• Like 3