Noctis

Tuesday Numbers: Moana $2.17m | Beasts $1.8m

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Small sums are quicker to count. B)

They were also in the past usually the first or very early ones (beside few exceptions)

they did have some titles a bit higher earning than some might remember / be aware of:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?view2=allmovies&view=company&studio=openroads.htm

Believe Smith Global Media $71,086 +83% 638 $111   $587,253  

Edited by terrestrial

2 minutes ago, yjs said:

I wonder how much OCP will click with the audience. think the Wrap called a $25M opening. I love almost everyone in the film especially Kate ?

I can see OCP doing 20M+. Project X did 21M a few years ago, with the cast this has, and the appealing (and timely) premise, I can definitely see this going to 25M.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yjs said:

I wonder how much OCP will click with the audience. think the Wrap called a $25M opening. I love almost everyone in the film especially Kate ?

It wont clic with me, as far as I have seen what it is about, but I do wonder too (but haven't checked on involved actors,...)

Is that news? He seems to rant about the reboot time... too click-baity for me, I already know he does not like (at least most) of the big budget CBMs

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

I can see OCP doing 20M+. Project X did 21M a few years ago, with the cast this has, and the appealing (and timely) premise, I can definitely see this going to 25M.

yeah as a non-US resident I'm not sure how relevant SNL still is in people's daily lives but I hope Jen's appearance last Saturday also generated some hypes. Maybe it could have an Anchorman 2 kinda run but this Christmas seems waaay too busy for a mid-budget original comedy like this.

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

It wont clic with me, as far as I have seen what it is about, but I do wonder too (but haven't checked on involved actors,...)

Is that news? He seems to rant about the reboot time... too click-baity for me, I already know he does not like (at least most) of the big budget CBMs

I took a quick look and if I'm not mistaken he's just talking about the new Tom Holland franchise with "the first reboot" referring to the Amazing Spider-Man..? wonder how that is the news. ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

He's been unbelievably negative about every big franchise out there since BVS for some reason.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yjs said:

I took a quick look and if I'm not mistaken he's just talking about the new Tom Holland franchise with "the first reboot" referring to the Amazing Spider-Man..? wonder how that is the news. ?

I meant the announcement for the 1st teaser..., but thank you for looking into it anyway :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

He's been unbelievably negative about every big franchise out there since BVS for some reason.

Way longer.

And not only CBM... I forgot some strange ratings

Example:

he gave in 2015 both Fantastic4 and Star Wars VII the same rating and both a rotten. I can understand not liking a film = rotten, but to rate those 2 films the same I do not understand

He gave 50 shades a 7/10... rather often he rates against the reviewers average and also tomatoemeter. I think I started in 2014 = what has he against some genres or whatever big budget thing, like Godzilla, X-Men Future Past and so on

• Like 2

I love to hear aout older actors in a not-dies-but-did-something way

Kirk Douglas Celebrates 100th Birthday Milestone Announcing Publication Of New Book Written With Wife Anne

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Can we please not delve into the subject of the "accuracy" of film critic ratings?

Why not? Is it forbidden to give opinions on opinions now? As long as it's not done offensively I don't see why we can't talk about our opinions on their opinions.

• Like 1

Just now, Arlborn said:

Why not? Is it forbidden to give opinions on opinions now? As long as it's not done offensively I don't see why we can't talk about our opinions on their opinions.

It's an argument that goes around in circles and never results in any insight. What it usually boils down to is people being annoyed that critics don't match their tastes.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I love to hear aout older actors in a not-dies-but-did-something way

Kirk Douglas Celebrates 100th Birthday Milestone Announcing Publication Of New Book Written With Wife Anne

100?

Damn, he really is Spartacus.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Mendelson can be frustrating but I have to sympathize with his perspective here

Eh, it's the nature of the licensing deals.  Sony has to have a new movie out every 5 years to retain rights and their last iteration wasn't working.  Their mistake was re-bootng it the first time with another pushing 30yr old graduating from High School, not what they're doing now.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

It's an argument that goes around in circles and never results in any insight. What it usually boils down to is people being annoyed that critics don't match their tastes.

I understand what you mean, there are so many circular arguments in these forums. But it's just something that can and, in my opinion, should be indeed talked about. As long as it's done tastefully I don't see why you can't state what you dislike about a particular's reviewer's style or that indeed his tastes are wildly different from yours. It's all about how you put your point across, I suppose.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I understand what you mean, there are so many circular arguments in these forums. But it's just something that can and, in my opinion, should be indeed talked about. As long as it's done tastefully I don't see why you can't state what you dislike about a particular's reviewer's style or that indeed his tastes are wildly different from yours. It's all about how you put your point across, I suppose.

Well, I have plenty of movies myself I either like more than most or hate more than most, and individual film critics shouldn't be obligated to completely tow the line; which seems to be the assumption inherent in singling out what a certain critic thought of a "good" movie and a comparative "bad" movie.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1