Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Certain Trump supporters claimed the movie had an anti-Trump message planted in the film and neo nazis/the alt right called for an outright boycott for the multiculturalism and feminism "agenda" featured in RO.

Actually Trump supporters got mad because the writers of the film said that the Empire in Star Wars represents Trump/White Supremacists.  But if anyone's been paying attention to the news lately the writers were probably talking about a different group of scary white people, the Russians.  After all, if you watch the news lately, the new Russian World Order is in control of everything and Keith Olbermann has all but outrightly declared himself leader of "the resistance" and said "we are at war" with "Russian scum"

;)

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

Avengers. I'll never forget how nuts this place went when Rth dropped that 80 burger (it's what made him a board celebrity!)

Back in the day when an 80M was a big deal, lol

That one I vividly remember. I wanna say the reports started in the 50's and kept climbing like no one could believe in mere hours. 

• Like 2

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

That one I vividly remember. I wanna say the reports started in the 50's and kept climbing like no one could believe in mere hours. 

Yea we were all goin absolutely nuts about 70 for a while and then our man dropped the 80 bomb 

• Like 1

I guess I'm confused. 

How was TFA immune to the December effect when it had a 3.78 multi?! That's the very definition of a December multiplier!! It had a giant summer like opening and still had December like legs. It was the best of both worlds. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

145 m OW and the naysayers gloat.

155 m OW and the loonies gloat.

There's literally 10 million deciding a month's worth of bragging rights. :kitschjob:

140-160 range isn't gloating rights for anyone. Most of us naysayers were firmly below 140 and most of the loonies were firmly above 160. 

50 minutes ago, Captain H said:

If Cameron is finished with the Avatar sequels (And he's really making 4 of those) before 2020, I think the December spot is locked for space operas until 2023 or so. If not, I can see Marvel experimenting with a December release for their Phase 4.

I could see WB/DC putting a film in December but I think Disney will keep Marvel for Spring/Summer/November and Star Wars for May and December. 

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

That was dark day that such a mediocre movie could have made so much.  It is as if Edwards ghost directed the movie. It Edwards does use pop culture jokes. Edwards would have teased Loki the whole time until the final five minutes. But it would have been a better movie. 

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Rogue One is my 2nd favorite SW film.  Holy shit, the last 20 minutes had me BREATHLESS.

It's currently sitting at 3rd for me. I was not expecting to love it this much, but I'm going again tonight, which is the quickest turnaround I have ever had for seeing a movie multiple times in the theater.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Actually Trump supporters got mad because the writers of the film said that the Empire in Star Wars represents Trump/White Supremacists.  But if anyone's been paying attention to the news lately the writers were probably talking about a different group of scary white people, the Russians.  After all, if you watch the news lately, the new Russian World Order is in control of everything and Keith Olbermann has all but outrightly declared himself leader of "the resistance" and said "we are at war" with "Russian scum"

;)

Yeah the DumpStarWars crowd is so reasonable. "#DumpStarWars because the heroes aren't white males. Everything cool has to share my physical features!!!!"

And fear of Russia has nothing to do with skin color. 

I wouldn't want China or North Korea deciding US policy either.

• Like 1