Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Why do you need to do personal attacks on people's integrity? We're having a civil debate why start flinging shit at people come on.

Why do you need to make something out of nothing? There was no personal attack on Tele. Only a questioning of his own bias coming into play. 

Will my parents, who could care less about Star Wars, enjoy RO, or will they fall asleep? Honest, non-bias, fan love opinions please? I'll go by myself if I have to.

They thought SW7 was cool last year, even if it didn't make that much sense. But RO isn't exactly the same thing.

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Why do you need to make something out of nothing? There was no personal attack on Tele. Only a questioning of his own bias coming into play. 

To accuse someone of bias is an Ad Hominem. : )

• Like 1

No one is without bias. No one.

You would do well to remember that ;)

• Like 2

The films were special to a lot of us, not the books/games. By over-saturating us with SW films, they eventually will become the very thing the books have been for years: niche appealing and only meant to serve a very small audience. It doesn't matter how good the films are, after 10 in less than 10 years, a gigantic chunk of the SW audience is going to lose interest. And I for one think it's sad that it's only a matter of years now before the royal monarch of all film franchises will abdicate its throne.

Wasnt the last Harry Potter movie the highest grosser after 8 movies in 10 years ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, jandrew said:

Will my parents, who could care less about Star Wars, enjoy RO, or will they fall asleep? Honest, non-bias, fan love opinions please? I'll go by myself if I have to.

They thought SW7 was cool last year, even if it didn't make that much sense. But RO isn't exactly the same thing.

It's more for the fans then SW7 is imo.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Fine then if you don't want to use the internet, Knights of The Old Republic was one of the highest selling games of the 2000s and the Thrawn Trilogy+Darth Bane trilogy both ended up as #1 on the NY Times best seller's list. Also Kathleen Kennedy herself said they're thinking of ending the saga films at Episode 9. The only thing I don't want to see continue for too long are the saga films. The anthologies could go on for a long time imo like the books and games ((And comics)) have.

Don't forget the new Battlefront sold like 10 million copies, and how popular the Lego Star Wars games are!

The way I look at it, the more Star Wars movies we get, the more chances we get to watch the next great Star Wars movie in theaters. I understand the concern of oversaturation and affecting canon, but I feel like each movie can be taken on its own terms and enjoyed that way. If you don't like it, just ignore it. That's what I did with large swaths of the EU for years.

• Like 6

Just now, RascarCapat said:

Wasnt the last Harry Potter movie the highest grosser after 8 movies in 10 years ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

The first was the most successful by a long shot in terms of admissions. And they were adapting a book series that spans only 6 years. Of course they had to hurry. No one can accuse that of being some rushed cash grab just for the sake of a cash grab. 

But yes, Potter did end up developing what you could call a mass niche audience, so to speak. A very large amount of people showed up for them, but that set base was kind of it. That's why you never saw any of them selling the kind of admissions almost every SW has. 

19 minutes ago, Gumby said:

If some lefty guy tried to market a film by repeatedly trashing the other side, absolutely.  It was a stupid strategy and the film is bombing in a most entertaining way.

And if you don't think the Emma Stone of today is much, much sicklier skinny than she was in Superbad, then your eyes aren't working.

Just google "Emma Stone" and "skinny" or "weight loss."

I think it's time you post a pic of yourself if you're such an expert.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elcaballero said:

The way I look at it, the more Star Wars movies we get, the more chances we get to watch the next great Star Wars movie in theaters. I understand the concern of oversaturation and affecting canon, but I feel like each movie can be taken on its own terms and enjoyed that way. If you don't like it, just ignore it. That's what I did with large swaths of the EU for years.

No kidding, any of the next movies could be the next masterpiece of the series -- Only cost: having more of them.

I'll take any day over not having any new Star Wars movies coming up.

The first was the most successful by a long shot in terms of admissions. And they were adapting a book series that spans only 6 years. Of course they had to hurry. No one can accuse that of being some rushed cash grab just for the sake of a cash grab. 

But yes, Potter did end up developing what you could call a mass niche audience, so to speak. A very large amount of people showed up for them, but that set base was kind of it. That's why you never saw any of them selling the kind of admissions almost every SW has. 

Idk if you could call Potter niche....kind of hard to be niche and making over a billion dollars imo.

• Like 2

Just now, Mulder said:

Would talking about how many people would be interested in a Knights of The Old Republic anthology movie be considered off-topic or no?

I actually earlier today started a thread in the SW subforum perfect for that discussion

• Like 1

I'm certainly not un-biased and I've never claimed to me. But why should these big franchise decisions be about me? In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter at all whether the studio makes me happy or not. And aside from me giving my opinion when I've seen a movie, it'd be churlish of me to try and claim that my opinion is the one that matters when clearly millions of people are entertained by the result. Doesn't matter if it's SW, HP, JW, Transformers, or Power Rangers. 

• Like 5

A KOTOR film would be insanely awesome, I said that years ago already. However, Disney will never do that because it's too risky for them. These are cash grabs first and foremost. Sorry if some don't like to hear that, but it's the truth. And if Disney greenlights something far more risky than "The Death Star Plans" f/Darth Vader or The Many Adventures of Hannie the Solo, then I may start believing they're no longer treating them exclusively as their golden goose. 

A KOTOR film would be insanely awesome, I said that years ago already. However, Disney will never do that because it's too risky for them. These are cash grabs first and foremost. Sorry if some don't like to hear that, but it's the truth. And if Disney greenlights something far more risky than "The Death Star Plans" f/Darth Vader or The Many Adventures of Hannie the Solo, then I may start believing they're no longer treating them exclusively as their golden goose. 

Despite my own reservations of a KOTOR film because of me being uncertain if Revan'd be kept in, I now hope it's an entire trilogy.