Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Heck, I remember when 100m was a significant and substantial achievement. 

Heck you remember when the Birth of a Nation was tearing it up in ticket sales 

• Like 9

Just now, Grand Moff Tele said:

Heck, I remember when 100m was a significant and substantial achievement. 

Of course I think the budgets have also gone crazy. I suppose they have the international market growth to help offset the huge cost increases of the last 25 years. It's nuts to think that a tentpole like Jurassic Park was produced for $63 million. That won't get you very far for similar tentpole SFX movies today. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Heck you remember when the Birth of a Nation was tearing it up in ticket sales 

He was talking about 100m in revenue from Roman Colisseum games/fights.

Edited by ThePanda A Star Wars Story
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Pretty sure Ben Carson said Tele was the guy who filled the Pyramids with grain. 

Or was it Bill Carson who said Tele was the one who buried the treasure at the grave marked .....

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

We better start praying to The Force. We're gonna need it. 

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me...

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 8

Just now, druv10 said:

Back to Houston? It was 70s yesterday and right now in the 30s. Weather sucks in Houston.

Yeah. I was supposed to land an hour ago but I'm stuck here in Cowboy land which I despise with every fiber of my soul. I'm also wearing warm clothing so I'm set for now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

2 hours and 10 minutes since my flight was supposed to start.  

We have not boarded

To Houston? Sucks to say this, but I think you would have been better off renting a car and driving a few hours ago. That's a long time to sit in the airport when it's a reasonable driving distance. Might not get out of there this evening at the rate they seem to be handling this. 

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

To Houston? Sucks to say this, but I think you would have been better off renting a car and driving a few hours ago. That's a long time to sit in the airport when it's a reasonable driving distance. Might not get out of there this evening at the rate they seem to be handling this. 

I have a friend here in the area and can telecommute. It'd be nice if they can at least let me know if this flight is happening or not

29 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Of course I think the budgets have also gone crazy. I suppose they have the international market growth to help offset the huge cost increases of the last 25 years. It's nuts to think that a tentpole like Jurassic Park was produced for $63 million. That won't get you very far for similar tentpole SFX movies today. 

What are you talking about? That and $150M will totally get you a tentpole! :P LOL. 

Jeez yeah that is insane. I remember marveling at that, "WOW a $100 million movie, that's so crazy! $100M for making a movie." Now that's nothing. Now $200M has become a standard basically, you don't even blink when someone mentions a big movie cost $200M. It's like, yeah, that sounds about right. No surprise. 

• Like 1