Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

4 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

Also since both @Grand Moff Tele and @Christmas Baumer are here can you please disable my following notifications? I don't want a bell, I don't want an email, I want to post in peace. I just tried again to disable it and now I'm following the thread again. Please help!

You should be set to nothing. You may need to manually unsubscribe from any threads you're already subscribed to. (Click on the "Following" button on upper right when you're in a thread and select "Unfollow".)

2 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

For what it's worth they originally had a 65-70m range.

All I'm saying, is that I'd take the over on any of Disney's "projections, guesses, or predictions" until they are actually reporting data. 

Edited by Highever

3 minutes ago, Highever said:

How recent is this? It's dated at 1:18... and how useful is a Disney prediction anyway? They notoriously lowball their success before delivering an actual estimate. 

For what it's worth they originally had a 65-70m range.

Yes, that article is using the early afternoon numbers. Out of date at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

You should be set to nothing. You may need to manually unsubscribe from any threads you're already subscribed to. (Click on the "Following" button on upper right when you're in a thread and select "Unfollow".)

I've done that already, I'll try it again though. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Thanks for posting the only worthwhile moment of Godzilla to spare those poor souls who might waste time watching it. Your service does not go unnoticed. 

I love your for Edwards it like mine for Whedon.

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia
  • Like 2

Did Trump actually boycott this movie? Or are you just referencing his issue with minorities?

Certain Trump supporters claimed the movie had an anti-Trump message planted in the film and neo nazis/the alt right called for an outright boycott for the multiculturalism and feminism "agenda" featured in RO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Certain Trump supporters claimed the movie had an anti-Trump message planted in the film and neo nazis/the alt right called for an outright boycott for the multiculturalism and feminism "agenda" featured in RO.

Fake story by lying liars. Basket of snakes.

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Maybe that's the reason why a certain poster here hates this movie. :ph34r:

36 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

That remains to be seen. Your sample size is 0 if RO and TFA are immune. There aren't any other big December openers that have summer legs.

Not big enough :ph34r:

You're totally entitled to your opinion though. But I'm done arguing because you just don't have the data size to back it up.

If you forever confine yourself to thinking within the realms of things that have happened in the past then you're never going to make any good estimates. Half the big blockbusters released over the past year were hugely surprising in some aspect or another: TFA's huge opening in December (which I'm sure you predicted to be high, by the way, despite the similar lack of evidence as with this), BvS's historically bad multiplier, American Sniper's performance in January, F7's performance in China, etc. If you don't think outside the box sometimes then you're never going to get anything right.

Good luck with your predictions.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Like I said, sometimes these things tend to just keep going up. Most famous since I've been here was JW.

Avengers. I'll never forget how nuts this place went when Rth dropped that 80 burger (it's what made him a board celebrity!)

Back in the day when an 80M was a big deal, lol

• Like 8

I love going to see highly anticipated movies on a Saturday morning. Taking my son and/or daughters to Waffle House then strolling into the theater with my ideal reserve seating awaiting.

Only downside is a miss all the juicy spoiler discussion from the first couple of nights. :sadben:

• Like 1