Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Yes I do. And guess what? If I hate E8 way more than R1 I will still argue it didn't get greenlight exclusively as a cash grab. The sequel trilogy should have happened in the 80's if they were cash grabs only. The ideas already floating around and Lucas knew he could've made very quick and very big bucks going ahead with it then. 

Lucas didnt want to. Then Disney bought the rights so they could make money. This is not complicated.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Disney exists to entertain people and do everything in their power to make it the best they possibly can.  They have been doing this for decades and their founder was passionate about entertaining people.  The money is a nice result of their efforts, but it is secondary to trying to put out a quality product.  

The people who sued a preschool and have a history of blatantly racist movies have no interest money they only care about entertaining people right

Just now, boomboom234 said:

The people who sued a preschool and have a history of blatantly racist movies have no interest money they only care about entertaining people right

This isn't particularly fair on many levels. And I'm hardly a fan of the Disney empire's choices when it comes to IP control. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i love when you guys argue the unquantifiable shit like some kind of  scale of how cashgrabby a movie is. that and what is or isn't an event movie. it's a real easy way to go in circles talking about absolutely nothing.

You mean kind of like what happens on message boards? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveJaros said:

I don't think Moana will make more than $40m the rest of the year, and I don't think R1 can top $300m. But I hope you are correct. 

1. Toy Story 2 made $55M in the last 2 weeks and Moana has been constantly tracking ahead of that film.

2. Saying that Rogue One won't even reach a $300M total by the end of the year defies all evidence to the contrary. Do you have any historical comps do support that view?

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i love when you guys argue the unquantifiable shit like some kind of  scale of how cashgrabby a movie is. that and what is or isn't an event movie. it's a real easy way to go in circles talking about absolutely nothing.

4th movie in a franchise is exactly 53% more cash-grabby than 3rd movie everyone knows that

• Like 11

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

So why didn't they buy the rights years sooner. It's a total cash grab right, why wait? They could be makin that real mother fuckin money! 

Because *drumrolllllllllll* Lucas was not looking to sell at that point

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

So why didn't they buy the rights years sooner. It's a total cash grab right, why wait? They could be makin that real mother fuckin money! 

I like George Lucas but if there's one thing he isn't, that's consistent. 

• Like 4