FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s - R1 17.6m

1 minute ago, Agafin said:

I think we need to wait and see how other movies behaved last tuesday. If Tuesday bumps are muted accross the board, then the previews from the 3 wide openers probably had an impact.

Cause TFA had insane spillover all week round. No way this increases on Wednesday, that was an anomamy.

I'm not saying this will increase on Wednesday, but I also don't expect a 20% drop.

7 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Of course it is. For the next two weeks there is absolutely no better year to compare it to. Cheap tuesdays have less on an effect at that time, also, i believe.

Ok, weell, you are wrong.  But if that's how you see it, not much I can do to convince you otherwise.

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

Been here almost a year, so finally feel more comfortable doing charts and stuff...

I'm thinking it'll be a softer drop today. 14.5, maybe as high as 14.7.

So a .2% range?  :sadben:

• Like 1

Disappointing but likely temporarily. Competition just not materalizing. Sing is barely staying fresh. Kids out of school starting today and temperature normalizing from the vortex.

Rogue One is also the escapism many will be wanting over the holidays after the political season. So, still think it ends closer to 600 than 450.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

13-14m for Wednesday seems reasonable. I am still though very skeptical about the underaged audience this can draw. And with such competition (Sing,Moana)..Maybe teenagers but I hardly think there is interest from <13 children. It doesn't really feel like a family movie.

But there are a ton of SW fans, so that should mitigate the ostensible lack of kid audience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

13-14m for Wednesday seems reasonable. I am still though very skeptical about the underaged audience this can draw. And with such competition (Sing,Moana)..Maybe teenagers but I hardly think there is interest from <13 children. It doesn't really feel like a family movie.

I don't know how it will play over the long haul, but I saw the movie Sunday with an audience that was a solid mixture including small kids. 

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I don't know how it will play over the long haul, but I saw the movie Sunday with an audience that was a solid mixture including small kids. 

I read that on OW about 25% were <18 which is a good proportion but I believe that the competition is very high right now in order for RO to draw a lot of kids.