FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s - R1 17.6m

I am pleased with all 3 preview numbers. With all the films in play right now over 1m was what both Passengers and ACA had to do and Sing needed to be over 1.5 considering Moana likely pulled nearly 3m. 

Seems like we are in for a great last few days of the year from a numbers perspective (at least with the new films, holdovers will be slaughtered.)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Anyone expressing the same appreciation for IO with me? The best animation of the last 5 years. Zootopia doesn't even come close...

Last year's news, man. Although, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite Pixar movie.

If I weren't unnaturally obsessed with Zootopia, I'd say it's far up on the list.

Anyone truly unhappy with any numbers coming out for Tuesday and today just does not understand how this time of year works, no other explanation. Analysis really cannot be done until the 1st at the earliest because as seen in the past a film can fly well under the radar and still get a good gross. 

• Like 2

Just now, cannastop said:

Last year's news, man. Although, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite Pixar movie.

If I weren't unnaturally obsessed with Zootopia, I'd say it's far up on the list.

Well I wasn't here last year so now it's my chance to discuss it with some felow box-office nerds. Zootopia was good aswell but it can't match the creativity/originality of IO..

Kubo played better for me upon second viewing. Just so much right with that one. But, man, that major gripe having someone like Gaiman or whoever to rewrite much of the dialogue that's plain flat. The themes, story, arc of Kubo, visuals, pacing, etc. are perfection. I can't believe Laika dropped the ball in making the simple decision of not hiring a screenwriter to put dialogue to their great, great story.

9 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Why is it that some supposedly "new posters" feel the eed at times to be sarcastic or just plain jerks? Why would you want to come to a site as a new person and try to be a bit of a jerk to not only the posters here with the moderators as well? I was simply saying that Empire is the only one online on our site right now that has access to numbers before they are publicly released. I was far from being passive aggressive. I was simply trying to help you out, @Xavier

I don't get that thinking.  I mean someone invites to their home do you shit in the punchbowl?  No you don't

• Like 7

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Kubo played better for me upon second viewing. Just so much right with that one. But, man, that major gripe having someone like Gaiman or whoever to rewrite much of the dialogue that's plain flat. The themes, story, arc of Kubo, visuals, pacing, etc. are perfection. I can't believe Laika dropped the ball in making the simple decision of not hiring a screenwriter to put dialogue to their great, great story.

Not just the dialogue, but the slapstick was jarring.

BTW, for a minute there, I thought you were saying that Neil Gaiman actually rewrote the script and that's why it wasn't good. Although I think his services on Princess Mononoke were largely unnecessary.

I think I'm going to do a double feature today passengers and drove one again. I'm going to see if perhaps my opinion on Rogue one changes. It wouldn't be the first time that I see something for a second time where my opinion of it improves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Every director has em :) he will survive. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Probably too focused on The Batman.

Just now, filmlover said:

No one bats a thousand forever.

Really sucks. He was on a good streak. I was wondering why I haven't received his FYC dvd.

12 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Why is it that some supposedly "new posters" feel the eed at times to be sarcastic or just plain jerks? Why would you want to come to a site as a new person and try to be a bit of a jerk to not only the posters here with the moderators as well? I was simply saying that Empire is the only one online on our site right now that has access to numbers before they are publicly released. I was far from being passive aggressive. I was simply trying to help you out, @Xavier

Yeah. That was weird. Just gonna give Xavier the benefit of the doubt and assume that he misinterpreted something.

• Like 2