John Marston

Wednesday Box Office - (Asgard pg 17) R1 about 15, Sing 11, Ass 4.5, Pass 4.1, Moana 2.2

While I loathe the fact we are on the Jlaw train again, I think it goes without saying that her performance is what drove the first HG into overdrive. Otherwise it would have been Twilight all over again. Popular book series does not make 400m without a draw of some kind past OW. 

And as has been said before Joy made what it did because of her not in spite of her. The film probably wouldn't have made it past the script stage if she hadn't signed on. 

Now can we move on from this never ending debate?

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Thinking,

1.7 + 9.3 (11 OD) + 9.75 (+5%) + 13.65 (+40%) + 8.9 (-35%) + 13.6 (+53%) = ~57 5-day for Sing

Sunday will be up closer to 100%

**edit** nvm looked at the wrong numbers lol upper 50% seems right then another 55% or so on Monday. 

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

I don't doubt what you are saying Lord Mandeep but do you have a link for that or anything? I don't remember reading anything about Alec Guinness making a pile of money off of Star Wars.

I heard it in that really good documentary about how star wars was made...which is a must watch.

6 minutes ago, narniadis said:

While I loathe the fact we are on the Jlaw train again, I think it goes without saying that her performance is what drove the first HG into overdrive. Otherwise it would have been Twilight all over again. Popular book series does not make 400m without a draw of some kind past OW. 

And as has been said before Joy made what it did because of her not in spite of her. The film probably wouldn't have made it past the script stage if she hadn't signed on. 

Now can we move on from this never ending debate?

Twilight made $3.3B WW off of 5 movies. THG made $2.9B WW off of 4 films. I don't believe Twilight is the best comparison for your point, to be honest especially because Twilight wasn't well-received and still managed to make money a ton of money at the BO. 

I would compare it more to the Divergent series or whatever those movies are called. Lackluster performances and terrible films did them in. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, narniadis said:

**edit** nvm looked at the wrong numbers lol upper 50% seems right then another 55% or so on Monday. 

And with a 50% Monday factored in you are looking at 77-80m by end of Monday. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Yeah edited with Sat drop closer to 40 and Sun increase closer to 50

Thinking,

1.7 + 9.3 (11 OD) + 9.75 (+5%) + 13.65 (+40%) + 8.35 (-39%) + 12.6 (+51%) = ~55.5 5-day for Sing

Awards make you root against actors, directors or movies, that's part of the reason why I dislike them. Just try to read forums like IMDB Movie Awards board or Awardswatch.com forums. Those places are TOXIC. I've never seen so much hate towards anything, even political debates are much more friendly.

Edited by misafeco

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Twilight made $3.3B WW off of 5 movies. THG made $2.9B WW off of 4 films. I don't believe Twilight is the best comparison for your point, to be honest especially because Twilight wasn't well-received and still managed to make money a ton of money at the BO. 

I would compare it more to the Divergent series or whatever those movies are called. Lackluster performances and terrible films did them in. 

Dude let's talk apples to apples please. I was talking domestic box office which is what the conversation was about. Only way you can remotely compare with divergent is the final film. Hands down domestically HG beats Twilight and nearly does so in total box office in spite of having 1 film less. 

7 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Hopefully, but the Chipmunks movie in 2011 increased 58%. 

Annie and NATM2 increased by about an average of 130%.

3 minutes ago, narniadis said:

And with a 50% Monday factored in you are looking at 77-80m by end of Monday. 

Most Christmas family movie releases end with 3-3.5x off the 6 day opening, would put it on track for a 240-280M gross. Moana vs Sing should be close, Moana is on track for O/U 250M since basically day 3 when it started tracking closely to TS2, it won't see the ridiculous 18 days that Frozen saw which took it from 160M to 300M.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Family movies usually don't jump that big on Christmas Day. The day after Christmas on is when it's going to explode.

Well, Annie and NATM2 went up by 120 and 160% respectively.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

That were on a Thursday (heading into the weekend), though. Frozen increased only 32.9% on Christmas Day in 2013.

Frozen had been out for a month already.