Mockingjay Raphael

Horror 2017

2 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Ther was another recent movie that was an allegory about depression that flat out told depressed people that they are a plague on their loved ones and everyone would be better off if you killed yourself.  It's the only horror movie my therapist said had a really bad effect on me as I took the message to heart.

Are you talking about Lights Out? I felt THE SAME THING about this movie. 

14 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

The whole movie was an allegory about depression. That ending was nothing more than the Mother trying to move on her life, despite the sickness that was with her, that last scene where we see her 'feeding' the monster, was a representation that a person can never scape from this ill, but you can live with it without being destroyed. A great ending to a great movie.

oh I got it, I just don't think the movie was all that good to me.  That's all :P 

I'm not expecting Wish Upon to be that good, but hopefully I'm wrong.  I'm just still keeping my fingers crossed about IT since that still has most of my attention :) 

Annabelle and IT will be the last big sucessful horror films. Happy Death Day will do well as well, but I'm kinda pissed that it got a PG-13 rating instead of an R. Jigsaw had kind of a laughable trailer, but might be a time waster. I'm interested in Cult Of Chucky, i"ll get it in October. Also I hope(more likely) that I get to go to HHN Orlando this year for the first time, and checkout that Shinning house it looks interesting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Oh, and I don't know if it is being aired everywhere, but here in Brazil they're putting a trailer of Warner's Dark Universe in front of every single movie.... But the most shocking thing is that they introduced The Gallows and Lights Out as parts of this "Universe", WTF?

You mean the Conjuring Universe? Dark Universe is Universal

On August 1, 2017 at 7:33 PM, Maxmoser3 said:

Annabelle and IT will be the last big sucessful horror films. Happy Death Day will do well as well, but I'm kinda pissed that it got a PG-13 rating instead of an R. Jigsaw had kind of a laughable trailer, but might be a time waster. I'm interested in Cult Of Chucky, i"ll get it in October. Also I hope(more likely) that I get to go to HHN Orlando this year for the first time, and checkout that Shinning house it looks interesting. 

It seems that Jigsaw tried to reinvent the franchise, but failed miserably, I wonder if it will surpass at least Blair Witch at this point, since it has zero buzz.

10 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

It seems that Jigsaw tried to reinvent the franchise, but failed miserably, I wonder if it will surpass at least Blair Witch at this point, since it has zero buzz.

It does feel that, as the last Saw film could only pull of not even a $45 million domestic total. But overseas was a big portion of the film as well, so maybe overseas could be Jigsaw's high point. Which is what we have seen Resident Evil 6 back in January.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

How's the buzz for A:C? Anything above $25m would be great for this, I feel that it will a pull a Don't Breathe type of run.

It's still a 100% on RT as of right now!

Edited by Maxmoser3
  • Like 1

Annabelle is tracking at $30m+, if this ends happening, it has a real shot at surpassing the original movie which would be unbelievable, plus there's also a slim chance at this surpassing the $100m mark, which would put TCU as the only horror franchise to have 3 movies crossing this mark.

And all this after a rejected first movie, that's how strong the brand is right now.