Mockingjay Raphael

Horror 2017

I'm looking forward to Polaroid as I'm a sucker for these J-Horror remakes/ripoffs and it has a pretty realistic shot at actually being better than Rings (if only because that's an absurdly low bar). But given that it's a Dimension horror film with a current date just two weeks after Annabelle, I'm less than convinced it's not being delayed.

@baumer

ok since I did the free trial of Netflix ,I finally saw The Bababook.  I really don't know how I feel about the movie.  It was kind of creepy at parts I guess but the last part from the encounter to the end just made me scratch my head :P

So basically I can read it as the mom was just crazy the whole time and that was it, if I so wish :P 

I was not a fan of The Babadook at all. Yes, I get the allegory, but it's been done before (and better) in other horror flicks. The little kid was TOO annoying - which again, I get was part of the point, but it crossed a line for me - and the title monster looked absolutely hilarious, and saying his name like he's a fucking Pokemon didn't help. I couldn't be scared of him at all.

Did you guys like The Final Girls (2015)? I just watched it on Netflix. There were things I liked about it, but overall was pretty bad. 

There's one surprisingly great emotional scene, thought, and carried by Malin Akerman, who is considered a terrible actress. Who would have thought...

On 7/1/2017 at 11:53 AM, Xillix said:

I'm looking forward to Polaroid as I'm a sucker for these J-Horror remakes/ripoffs and it has a pretty realistic shot at actually being better than Rings (if only because that's an absurdly low bar). But given that it's a Dimension horror film with a current date just two weeks after Annabelle, I'm less than convinced it's not being delayed.

I saw a poster the other day for this in the theater.  Brings me hope this will be released.  However, this same theater has had the Before I Wake poster up twice, and I am sure they keep it handy in storage.

Get Out and Split IMO we're both pretty good, although not all-time memorable movies. Covenant was a fun "movie of the week", Belko was a decent 90 minutes spent in an auditorium. But Bye Bye Man and Cure for Wellness were just baaaad.

Here's hoping Annabelle truly is great, and honestly I'm thinking It is going to knock it out of the park in a few months.

5 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

I enjoyed The Bad Batch, Personal Shopper, and Raw.  Anyone have anything to recommend?  I was checking out 7 Witches on a website that claimed it had a high score on IMDB, but when I went to IMDB the score was pretty low so I passed.

Have you seen The Autopsy of Jane Doe?  It's quite unnerving.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

Have you seen The Autopsy of Jane Doe?  It's quite unnerving.  

No I need to.  I think that was last year though.  I am down for any GOOD direct to video horror or limited theater run horror.  There is a ton of them on the internet that come out every year.  I refuse to just watch a random one because I know it is going to be bad.  I only watch the terrible ones if they are in the theater.

• Like 1

On July 3, 2017 at 1:14 PM, 75live said:

@baumer

ok since I did the free trial of Netflix ,I finally saw The Bababook.  I really don't know how I feel about the movie.  It was kind of creepy at parts I guess but the last part from the encounter to the end just made me scratch my head :P

So basically I can read it as the mom was just crazy the whole time and that was it, if I so wish :P 

The whole movie was an allegory about depression. That ending was nothing more than the Mother trying to move on her life, despite the sickness that was with her, that last scene where we see her 'feeding' the monster, was a representation that a person can never scape from this ill, but you can live with it without being destroyed. A great ending to a great movie.

14 hours ago, DAJK said:

Get Out and Split IMO we're both pretty good, although not all-time memorable movies. Covenant was a fun "movie of the week", Belko was a decent 90 minutes spent in an auditorium. But Bye Bye Man and Cure for Wellness were just baaaad.

Here's hoping Annabelle truly is great, and honestly I'm thinking It is going to knock it out of the park in a few months.

Dude, Get Out is the definition of memorable movie. You can be sure that it will be remembered as a representation of an Era in the same way that The Exorcist is remembered these days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

The whole movie was an allegory about depression. That ending was nothing more than the Mother trying to move on her life, despite the sickness that was with her, that last scene where we see her 'feeding' the monster, was a representation that a person can never scape from this ill, but you can live with it without being destroyed. A great ending to a great movie.

Ther was another recent movie that was an allegory about depression that flat out told depressed people that they are a plague on their loved ones and everyone would be better off if you killed yourself.  It's the only horror movie my therapist said had a really bad effect on me as I took the message to heart.