Mockingjay Raphael

Horror 2017

15 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

HOLY FUCK!!!!! Loved that poster, it doesn't even looks like Jennifer. Does we already know what the plot is? 

they are still hiding the plot. this is the first concrete thing we have besides leaks, which, if true, point to a VERY dark movie.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Thanks! When can we expect a trailer? 

I'm just guessing, but some of us think Aronofsky will take this to the Venice Film festival as he did with Black Swan.  In that case we would expect a trailer in July or August, if it is on the same time line.  But we didn't expect a poster yet either, and he sent this one out for Mother's Day yesterday....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, trifle said:

I'm just guessing, but some of us think Aronofsky will take this to the Venice Film festival as he did with Black Swan.  In that case we would expect a trailer in July or August, if it is on the same time line.  But we didn't expect a poster yet either, and he sent this one out for Mother's Day yesterday....

I see, thanks! My fave actress acting in my fave genre and getting an Oscar nomination for this would be something bigger than my wildest dreams, lol.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DAARRRRR said:

I just watched it.  It was more creepy than scary but I thought it was great.  And I say this as someone who doesn't like horror films in general

Pretty much my thoughts on it.

• Like 1

Finally watched Get Out.

Yep, it definitely is the second coming of God.

I'm still speechless at the magnitude of this screenplay. 

This is a movie for ages.

I've never been more proud for being a Horror fan, Get Out is the purest definition of the genre: A movie that scare audiences by using metaphors about society's issues.

Pure geniality.  

It Comes at Night dropped to 83% at Tomatoes, yeah, I don't see it breaking out at all with this score and the muted marketing.

This year has been really weird, while we had two super smash hits, nothing else broke out, and it seems that the summer won't come close to the iconic summer of last year for the genre. 

Hey guys, sorry for haven't updating this lately, but it's not like there's a lot of things to update anyway, lol. 

Get Out finished it's run with a massive $251m WW (just like I predicted), after grossing a fantastic $15m in South Korea (biggest horror of all time there.) Grossing 55x it's budget pretty much says all about the performance of this movie. Can't wait to see how much it generate in profits, I'm pretty sure it will be in the top 5 of year.

It Comes at Night is at $13m DOM, after opening at $5.9m, decreases has been hard, but not so hard as most of persons expected after the awful reactions, it's going to finish at same group as It Follows, as another horror movie that made little impact on Box Office, despite great reviews. Maybe it will become a cult classic like IF?

The next release is going to be Wish Upon, anyone excited for this?

Anyone notice that Annabelle:Creation is off to a swimming start on RT... 100% after the first 10 reviews. Looks like another win for 2017 horror, and the conjuring franchise! The Conjuring looks to be a franchise that just can't stop... barring the first Annabelle that is... lol

Edited by Kalderic
  • Like 1

I watched The Belko Experiment. It was one of these cases where a direction elevates an awful screenplay, despite some incoherences, awful dialogues and a ridiculous climax, the movie works well thanks to great action and an amazing atmosphere built by the director. Did anyone watch it?

I also (tried) to watch Raw, but it was so deplorable that I didn't even finished it.