Mockingjay Raphael

Horror 2017

On April 23, 2017 at 6:26 AM, baumer said:

I feel exactly the same about Rings. On the flip side I watched the bye bye man last night and that was actually really good. It needed a little bit more explanation as to who the bye bye man was but overall the film really well-made really atmospheric and quite scary and some parts.

Lol, Baumer, you clearly have some divisive tastes, TBBM was everything but scary. 

On April 27, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Krissykins said:

The Bye Bye Man remains the worst film I've seen this whole year.

I think it'll be hard to beat.

Cure for Wellness came close though.

It is between Rings and TBBM for me. While ACFTW was bad, it at least was beautiful to watch, unlike the first two movies that looked cheap as hell.

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

I found BBM to be very effective.

For me the awful editing pretty much killed The Bye Bye Man. The opening alone just leaves an awful taste in your mouth. You have a guy walking around with a shotgun, every time he fires at someone the editing spazzed out. Not to mention he's shooting people point blank and there isn't a single speck of blood to be seen. When I saw it people where laughing.

24 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

I think The Babadook looks atrocious. I wouldn't watch it if someone put a gun to my head.

You mean The Bye Bye Man, right? :lol:

On 25.02.2017 at 11:20 PM, The Stingray said:

It Follows > The Babadook > The Witch is the correct order, Jake.

• Like 1

On April 30, 2017 at 11:04 PM, Boxofficerules said:

For me the awful editing pretty much killed The Bye Bye Man. The opening alone just leaves an awful taste in your mouth. You have a guy walking around with a shotgun, every time he fires at someone the editing spazzed out. Not to mention he's shooting people point blank and there isn't a single speck of blood to be seen. When I saw it people where laughing.

You know that a movie sucked when you can notice editing problems. I mean, this is an aspect of a movie that most of persons can't even notice, when you do, then something really went wrong with the movie. 

On May 4, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Boxofficerules said:

What's this Dead Awake movie that getting a wide release next week? That just came out of nowhere.

Never heard about it, but I just checked, and it received some love from festivals last year, and the first review at Tomatoes is really positive. Looking forward for it.

Get Out crossed $200m WW this week, second Horror movie to surpass that mark this year. It opened at half of Split's numbers in Germany, but on par with Split in Australia. With 4 main markets coming, and some nice legs, it may finish around $70m OS, which is an impressive result considering the limitation of the genre, and how most of movies about black people has little appeal OS, FYI: it is going to finish ahead of Hidden Figures OS, despite this one receiving Oscar love, insane run. 

• Like 1

On May 11, 2017 at 6:53 PM, Maxmoser3 said:

Get Out is the rare exception of a horror film that broke out above already what was decent expectations. I don't think a film like that would make a impact at the box office for a long time. 

I really hope that we will see something similar with IT, a Horror movie that end exploding the already (big) expectations, it surely has enough buzz to do this.