Mockingjay Raphael

Horror 2017

I'm not sure if it's 2017...but the Hollywood Reporter article definitely mentioned losing the rights.

What's interesting is Freddy and Jason could both end up at NewLine/WB again together.

Although Nightmare on Elm Street seems dead because they cant keep people happy with a replacement for Robert Englund.

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

I'm not sure if it's 2017...but the Hollywood Reporter article definitely mentioned losing the rights.

What's interesting is Freddy and Jason could both end up at NewLine/WB again together.

Although Nightmare on Elm Street seems dead because they cant keep people happy with a replacement for Robert Englund.

Just give up on NOES, they make more  $$$ off merchandising now anyway. F13, you can do stuff with and make it intriguing to audiences. 

Yeah not sure how they eff up NOES movies, but like we talked about in F13 thread, they find a way :P

I liked Haley as Freddy.  He wasn't the problem.  The story, the acting, geez, the effects all were not good.  How they mess up dream effects with better technology takes work :P 

I'm ok if they never do another one, but I wouldn't mind seeing another good Freddy movie

Update:

Underworld: Blood Wars
06/01/2017
Opening Weekend: $13,700,000
Domestic Total: $30,200,000
Worldwide Total: $78,700,000

The Bye Bye Man 
13/01/2017
Opening Weekend: $13,500,000
Domestic Total: $22,400,000
Worldwide Total: $24,600,000

Split
20/01/2017
Opening Weekend: $40,010,975
Domestic Total: $113,200,000
Worldwide Total: $170,245,955

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
27/01/2017
Opening Weekend: $13,600,000
Domestic Total: $25,400,000
Worldwide Total: $135,800,000

Rings 
3/2/2017
Opening Weekend: $13,000,000
Domestic Total: $21,700,000
Worldwide Total: $52,200,000

• Like 1

Critics Consensus: A Cure for Wellness boasts a surfeit of visual style, but it's wasted on a derivative and predictable story whose twists, turns, and frights have all been more effectively dealt before.

I'm still excited for this, it has a really interesting premise, too bad that it is locked to bomb hard this weekend, second flop on a row, I hope it will give room to Get Out explode.

On 2/15/2017 at 2:03 PM, Krissykins said:

Nightmare on Elm Street films bring in more money though. 

In terms of attendance and overall yes, once it got to part 4 it was at $100 million(in today's $$$), same with part 3 being close to $100 million. FVJ was also a big helping, same with the remake. 

21 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Critics Consensus: A Cure for Wellness boasts a surfeit of visual style, but it's wasted on a derivative and predictable story whose twists, turns, and frights have all been more effectively dealt before.

I'm still excited for this, it has a really interesting premise, too bad that it is locked to bomb hard this weekend, second flop on a row, I hope it will give room to Get Out explode.

I wouldn't call Rings a flop, it'll beat Resident Evil domestically (& without 3D). Plus it's doubled its budget already worldwide. 

I went to see Rings last night and it's better than Bye Bye Man & Resident Evil, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

I wouldn't call Rings a flop, it'll beat Resident Evil domestically (& without 3D). Plus it's doubled its budget already worldwide. 

I went to see Rings last night and it's better than Bye Bye Man & Resident Evil, IMO. 

I'm talking domestically, where Rings was indeed a flop, even Paramount admitted it, lol. Beating another flop is nothing to be proud of.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I'm going to check it next week, haven't watched a good Horror movie this year yet, pff.

16 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm talking domestically, where Rings was indeed a flop, even Paramount admitted it, lol. Beating another flop is nothing to be proud of.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I'm going to check it next week, haven't watched a good Horror movie this year yet, pff.

Oh it's still not a good film, lol. Just better than the dreadful Bye Bye Man and awful Resident Evil film.

• Like 1