CJohn

74TH GOLDEN GLOBES AWARDS | Tonight on NBC | Discuss the Event Live Here!

19 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Yeah I'm aware the voters are majority white and seasoned, but I dont completely buy the notion that certain movies have a diminished chance because of that. This is coming from someone who is neither old nor white.

You're right, however, our experiences make us, so it's likely that through no fault of their own, they won't appreciate films that come from other experiences

1 minute ago, fracfar said:

Tomi Lahren meltdown. Criticizing Meryl Streep and Hollywood for being out of touch, when they don't want to go to the Inauguration Ceremony. Sad! 

Who is this nobody and why do people keep giving her social media attention? Is she Faux News's replacement droid for Megyn Kelly or something?

2 minutes ago, fracfar said:

Tomi Lahren meltdown. Criticizing Meryl Streep and Hollywood for being out of touch, when they don't want to go to the Inauguration Ceremony. Sad! 

I refuse to give her my attention, my outrage or my mocking.  Even making fun of her is just helping her reach an audience and succeed in her purpose.

The only way to beat people like Lauren, who rant controversy in attempt to get viewers, is to ignore them.  If we had done the same to Trump after his first speech during the primaries, instead of giving him non-stop press coverage, maybe he wouldn't be president.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I guess it all depends on BAFTA (didn't realize Oscar noms were actually not for another two weeks until tonight heh). He's already a previous nominee there so if they nominate him here, all bets are off.

BAFTA will probably nominate him. Will see of course!

21 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Who is this nobody and why do people keep giving her social media attention? Is she Faux News's replacement droid for Megyn Kelly or something?

She's part of that new young generation of firebrand conservatives.  The infamous Milo Yiannopoulos is another.