11 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Vow

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Decent romance. You just have to take it for what it is. Does alot of it make sense? No. Are there ridiculous plot twists? Yes. Is that what the movie promised? Exactly. Channing Tatum surprisingly knocked it out of the park. It's probably his best acting that I've seen.5.5/10 (C+)

Edited by rockNrollaDIM

One thing that annoyed me about this movie is that it didn't even bother to remotely analyze the medical intricacies of her head injury/memory loss. There was no rehabilitation period... they just woke her up out of her coma and she was immediately walking, talking, ready to leave... It doesn't quite work like that. Of course the movie was more concerned with the drama that results from that type of condition and that's obviously fine with the target audience, but still, it was pretty ridiculous that she had no physical side effects aside from memory loss.

The Vow Mini-Review (No Spoilers)Got to say that it let me down. Love Rachel McAdams. Channing Tatem, all right. They both do really well here, and it did seem they had a bit of chemistry. Plus, the movie's set in Chicago. Neat. The movie just gets a bit to jog-in-place-y with the whole you-gotta-remember-but-you-can't thing and then it sort of sorts itself out like it's supposed to as it gets to the end. Tries a bit to hard to be perfect and hip and likeable, and comes off as kind of forced. There had to be a better way to tell this story, there was lots of promise in the premise."Skip it." or 4/10P.S. Nothing after the credits. As was probably expected.

B+So sweet and enjoyable. If only guys in real life were a fraction as sweet as Channing was in the movie the world would be a better place :wub: :wub: :wub: . I'll say some things surprised me. The movie wasn't as sappy and predictable as I thought it would be. And in some ways that's good but I never cried once. Not that I was hoping to cry but I feel like the writers could have easily manipulated the audience but they showed restraint and went down a more realistic path. I really enjoyed the movie until the reveal about why she fell out with her family. I was thinking it would be something huge. I mean your father sleeping with your friend is big but I was expecting more. Anyway I really liked that she went her own was and did her own thing before she found her way back to him. If not for being letdown over the reveal and Channing's face in general (ew, and to counterbalance his face they should have had him shirtless 5 more times at least, fair is fair) I would have given it an A+. The acting was good too, I guess Channing has been taking classes. Anyway, a very good date movie.

I'm kind of torn on this one. One one hand it is a good film in that it does a very nice job of showing how nice their romance was when they first met. They look good together and the two leads have excellent chemistry together. The script also has some very nice dialogue as well. One of my favourite lines of the year is "I chose to stay with him for all the good he has done over the years and forgive him for the one bad thing he did." Very moving. The problem i had with the film is that McAdams is really not that likable once she gets amnesia. She does all the wrong things. Yes, she is conflicted because she has no memory of her husband and the life she lead with him and yes she is torn because she seems to remember her fiancee, her caddy highschool friends and her life as a bitch. But that doesn't doesn't give you a free pass to treat your husband like shit and that is what she did in the film. That to me was unacceptable. Another piece the film was missing was Tatum's character have a full breakdown. He did it once with her but to me it wasn't enough. I wanted him to get more angry with her and tell her how much she is hurting him. I just needed more.The ending was nice and I'm glad she didn't end up with her slimey ex-fiancee.6.5/10

She cheated on him, flirted with her former fiancee in front of him, let her parents ridicule him, yelled at him and was cold to him. That's not treating him like shit?

Well the doctor did say one of the things she'd suffer from for a while was mood swings so for me I gave her a pass on a lot of her behavior. Blame the brain injury for her being all over the place. It's like she was temporarily bipolar.

Well the doctor did say one of the things she'd suffer from for a while was mood swings so for me I gave her a pass on a lot of her behavior. Blame the brain injury for her being all over the place. It's like she was temporarily bipolar.

Nope. Being bi-polar doesn't excuse her beahviour. She was married. Whether she remembers it or not, you are married.

Nope. Being bi-polar doesn't excuse her beahviour. She was married. Whether she remembers it or not, you are married.

I absolutely disagree. If you've lost your memory and the last thing you remember is being engaged to someone elseof course you're going to act like you're in love with that person. Idk, I just believe that concessions have to be made for her behavior.

I absolutely disagree. If you've lost your memory and the last thing you remember is being engaged to someone elseof course you're going to act like you're in love with that person. Idk, I just believe that concessions have to be made for her behavior.

Well, it doesn't excuse it. She had to at least take his feelings into consideration. You don't have carte blanche to be a bitch.

Surprisingly decent. The story, while never overtly sappy or manipulative, is really quite average so its the excellent leading performances from the supremely charming Channing Tatum and the gorgeous Rachel Mcadams that make this worth watching. I think it is definitely a better than average romantic drama, but it never exceeds that. I'd imagine this would be a perfect date movie.3/5Edit: damn, this has 29% at RT? My taste in movies just keeps getting shittier and shittier!

Edited by Jack Nevada

Surprisingly decent. The story, while never overtly sappy or manipulative, is really quite average so its the excellent leading performances from the supremely charming Channing Tatum and the gorgeous Rachel Mcadams that make this worth watching. I think it is definitely a better than average romantic drama, but it never exceeds that. I'd imagine this would be a perfect date movie.3/5Edit: damn, this has 29% at RT? My taste in movies just keeps getting shittier and shittier!

Well i liked it as well and i think my taste is decent