Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: Split: $26.2m (Amazing drop!!!) | ADP: $18.3m | RE: $13.8m | HF: $14m | Gold $3.4m

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I mean, pretty much every post you make is about how liberal Hollywood keeps trying to push "message" stories with unqualified actors of color. It's not really a massive stretch. That's barely even coded language. 

Not even 50% of posts I make but I know that resident liberals don't like it that I'm openly not a liberal. So even when I make a totally unrelated posts, they are counted as anti-liberal propaganda. 

Also, you are not going to scare me off being critical of actors whom I find to be terrible. That crap that any criticism of modestly talented PoC actor or actress is automatic racism is not going to work anymore. They can be shit just like any other actor and, IMO, Boyega is horrid and ruined all TFA scenes he was in. Point out where I rag against Chadwick Bosman who was one of CW MVPs, or Will Smith who was robbed of nomination for IAL, or Queen Taraji who's 1000 times the actress and star overrated Viola thinks she is, or Denzel, or Tyler Perry whom I consider one of the most reliable boxoffice draws, etc. 

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

Valonquar has an obvious bias against black actors and characters, and he's annoying as hell. I wish people would stop replying to him cause then I still have to see his posts. 

Like, he's literally said Hollywood shouldn't put black people in their films because international audiences can't relate. Like, literally. I have no time for his BS. 

10 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I mean, pretty much every post you make is about how liberal Hollywood keeps trying to push "message" stories with unqualified actors of color. It's not really a massive stretch. That's barely even coded language. 

JEcoxUy.gif

• Like 1

You really should stop throwing generalizations around, or act like your opinion or what you hear from people around you is in any way close to the consensus, because it is not. That's not how reality works.

Discussions work much better when one person doesn't treat his opinion as a fact while not being able to offer a single piece of proof for it. It's one thing to state an opinion, it is something entirely different to act as if that opinion was somehow a fact.

An opinion can never account for more than it is. If all you have is "I hear people say", then you don't have anything at all. I mean, I have never heard anyone that I know say something bad about the character of Finn, and I most definately have not seen or heard anyone compare him to Jar Jar Binks, not even on a Star Wars board. By your logic this should mean that he is a beloved character, yet that clearly doesn't fit to what your opinion is. Thus making it pretty clear that an opinion is just that: an opinion. And no matter what you believe, or what you may read somewhere, it can never be proof for anything. It doesn't mean that your view is the consensus among people, it doesn't mean that the consensus is exactly the opposite of your claims either. Such a statement should never be portrayed as anything close to resembling a fact, because it simply isn't. Yet you use it that way all the time, regardless of the issue.

There is nothing to suggest that merchandise of the character is not selling well either.

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Not even 50% of posts I make, but I know that resident liberals don't like it that I'm openly not a liberal. So, even when I make a totally unrelated posts, they are counted as anti-liberal propaganda. 

Also, you are not going to scare me off being critical of actors whom I find to be terrible. That crap that any criticism of modestly talented PoC actor or actress is automatic racism is not going to work anymore. They can be shit just like any other actor and, IMO, Boyega is horrid and ruined all TFA scenes he was in. Point out where I rag against Chadwick Bosman who was one of CW MVPs, or Will Smith who was robbed of nomination for IAL, or Queen Taraji who's 1000 times the actress and star overrated Viola thinks she is, or Denzel, or Tyler Perry whom I consider one of the most reliable boxoffice draws, etc. 

H3fbZFC.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Not even 50% of posts I make but I know that resident liberals don't like it that I'm openly not a liberal. So even when I make a totally unrelated posts, they are counted as anti-liberal propaganda. 

Wait, so you admit that a strong percentage of your posts DO say stuff like that? Cuz even that's too much for me not to say something.

Also, absolutely no one I have ever met echoes your opinion on Boyega. I get that you only like movies that make money at the box office, which is really sad, but maybe you should step back and think why several posters are saying the same thing. 

• Like 2

Just now, Valonqar said:

Finnrey is dead and buried! You, Rey, are not kissing that clown. You are saved!  :wave:

Could you, like, stop?

Also, why is it so damn important who Rey ends up with?

Can't a female protagonist just be acknowledged and referenced on her own? And not who she may end up with?

5mb9z.gif

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Finnrey is dead and buried! You Rey are not kissing that clown. You are saved!  :wave:

When was that ever fucking confirmed that would be a thing?  For fuck's sake, every single post you make makes my bones shatter inside me with my blood boiling and making me feel like I'm gonna burst any second.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Wait, so you admit that a strong percentage of your posts DO say stuff like that? Cuz even that's too much for me not to say something.[/quote]

You said all my posts, I say not even 50%. Now you are putting a spin. Just admit you are picking on me. You don't like my way of thinking, that's fine. I don't care about yours but I'm not picking on you. 

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Also, absolutely no one I have ever met echoes your opinion on Boyega. I get that you only like movies that make money at the box office, which is really sad, but maybe you should step back and think why several posters are saying the same thing. 

That's right. You didn't meet everyone in the world and neither did I so we can speak only from anecdotal evidence POV. meaning there are Boyega fans, Boyega haters and people who are totally indifferent. Like any other actor.

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

You said all my posts, I say not even 50%. Now you are putting a spin. Just admit you are picking on me. You don't like my way of thinking, that's fine. I don't care about yours but I'm not picking on you. 

That's right. You didn't meet everyone in the world and neither did I so we can speak only from anecdotal evidence POV. meaning there are Boyega fans, Boyega haters and people who are totally indifferent. Like any other actor.

But wait, even if it's 40 percent, then I still think that's wrong. Saying "I hate message movies about people of color" can easily be interpreted as racist. How do you not see that? Stop acting like a victim and get out of your conservative safe space and defend your position instead of crying anti-SJW tears. See, we can do it too! 

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

When was that ever fucking confirmed that would be a thing?  For fuck's sake, every single post you make makes my bones shatter inside me with my blood boiling and making me feel like I'm gonna burst any second.

Than burst. What do you expect me to do, be sorry, be worried for your health, what? 

It was never a thing but there are always a few delusionals. I apologize to @Rey that I thought she was one of them. She's smarter than that. 

Taraji is the Queen. HF isn't my type of a movie but I'm happy for her boxoffice. I wish it came out earlier so she could have snagged Best Actress nomination. You can like an actor/actress and not care for all their movies. I like Denzel and watch his actioners but Fences isn't my thing. 

@Cmasterclay I'm not the one who's crying, it's your buddies who are. One is begging everyone not to reply to my posts cause he sees them in replies and can't take it. Another is going to have an aneurysm or whatever. You are picking on me but I can handle it. 

Also, this whole discussion has nothing to do with message movies but that I think Finn is one of the worst SW characters ever and that Boyega is a shitty actor. And that I know from places such as reddit, 4chan, JCF, IMDB that PoC, or at least posters who claim they are, are super disappointed with the character for being a buffoon instead of a badass Jedi or whatever they thought marketing was promising. 

Edited by Valonqar

(sighs)......you know what Valonqar is right now? A delusional fanboy who comes spitting out nonsense and dumb shit.

And seriously....i don't need anyone so naive and desperate enough to say "Finnrey is dead"......like some overly obvious fanboy who think he's "Mr. Know It All" because he said so. :rolleyes:

Cut that crap please and please don't start pointless & biased forum fights here.

• Like 1