YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

Another thing LEGO Batman also has going for it is that there isn't another major family movie until Beauty and the Beast (and that's obviously gonna appeal more to girls than boys). A $200M total definitely shouldn't be ruled out, even if it ends up limping there.

• Like 1

All things considered that's a really good number for 50 shades.  Not my cup of tea but for everything to feel like a worse rehash (i.e. worse reviews and the soundtrack feels like a much weaker version of the first) from the cultural event that was the first it's solid.  Could have EASILY dropped into a 30's OW, but looks like the second will still push 100 Domestic and probably 300-400 overseas.  Still a big success.

4 minutes ago, franfar said:

Not really. We still don't know how it will do domestically 

Lego Batman will do around $195M-$210M domestic, Ninjago will do anywhere from $150M-$200M, and if The Lego Movie Sequel is average a HTTYD2 performance wouldn't surprise me.

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Lego Batman will do around $195M-$210M domestic, Ninjago will do anywhere from $150M-$200M, and if The Lego Movie Sequel is average a HTTYD2 performance wouldn't surprise me.

Those are solid #s, esp. if they're consistent

Just now, Telemachos said:

Gotta keep the toddlers' attention.

The kids were laughing throughout and even were going "awww" at the right points in the movie. It is basically rapid fire jokes. Didn't like a joke? another one is just a second away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

It doesn't, that's true.

Still absurd to say there's money left on the table.

15M IS LESS THAN THE BARE MINIMUM THEY LEFT PLENTY AT THE FUCKING TABLE

2 hours ago, franfar said:

....but what about profit margins?

FUCK PROFIT MARGINS

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

You realize those are strong profit making grosses right?  Hardly screwed.

• Like 1