YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

2 minutes ago, franfar said:

I pledge allegiance to the Forums of BOT,

and to the movies to which it stans,

one forum under God,

indivisible, 

with liberty and justice for all.

Don't forget the sacrifices to appease RTH.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think we should put a wall up to prevent the illegal refugees from the Internet Movie Database coming through our site and we should get world of KJ to pay for it. :sadben:

Screaming :lol::lol:

Remember WorldofKJ?? Is it still a thing?

I'll never forget when the BOM boards closed :mellow: Bastards. Remember they tried to suggest IMDB forums to us instead?? 

• Like 2

Just now, YourMother said:

Don't forget the sacrifices to appease RTH.

Edited Pledge of Allegiance:

I pledge allegiance to the Forums of BOT,

one forum under Rth,

indivisible, 

(now that I removed God, I expect to be called a heathen)

Just now, franfar said:

one forum under Rth,

indivisible, 

RTH IS GOD!

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

I might it'll either be that or Black Panther over $300M. Mainly because I see Smallfoot, Larrikins, 50SF, and Predator barely over $100M, Pacific Rim 2 won't do over $150M, and this will be huge among both CBM fans and black people.

I personally think Black Panther will open huge than Doctor Strange on it's opening weekend, like maybe 90-100 million, what your personal feelings about Black Panther opening larger than Doctor Strange?

1 minute ago, franfar said:

one forum under Rth,

indivisible, 

I swear it, by the old gods, and the new :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, franfar said:

one forum under Rth,

indivisible, 

In honor of Fifty Shades, we should change it to "Inner Goddess" instead of "God."

• Like 2

Just now, chrisman0606 said:

I personally think Black Panther will open huge than Doctor Strange on it's opening weekend, like maybe 90-100 million, what your personal feelings about Black Panther opening larger than Doctor Strange?

Easily, this is the first black superhero movie (It will bring in certain audiences who normally don't go to see superhero movies along with the GA) and an MCU movie with a praised character. With the likely 75%-90% to RT, the marketing force (Except after The Last Jedi for Disney to market the crap out of it), and possibly the era we are in now, BP won't do under $250M. Hell, I even think it could do more than Deadpool OW if it becomes a perfect storm.

• Like 2

These are the numbers if John Wick follows xXx:

11M + 12.77M + 7.41M = 31.18M

Even following Jack Reacher 2 puts it very close to 30M and that is, IMO, a worst case scenario:

11M + 11M + 6.6M = 28.6M

If it follows The Accountant:

11M + 11.55M + 7.33M = 29.88M

If it follows Taken 2:

11M + 11.39M + 7.35M = 29.74M

We are so close yet so far of the 30M OW.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

These are the numbers if John Wick follows xXx:

11M + 12.77M + 7.41M = 31.18M

Even following Jack Reacher 2 puts it very close to 30M and that is, IMO, a worst case scenario:

11M + 11M + 6.6M = 28.6M

If it follows The Accountant:

11M + 11.55M + 7.33M = 29.88M

If it follows Taken 2:

11M + 11.39M + 7.35M = 29.74M

We are so close yet so far of the 30M OW.

Lionsgate better not pull a fucking Lionsgate.

When is Wick coming out in Portugal? 

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Lionsgate better not pull a fucking Lionsgate.

When is Wick coming out in Portugal? 

February 23. School holidays start on that Friday and go until March 1. I expect a massive first week.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

Easily, this is the first black superhero movie (It will bring in certain audiences who normally don't go to see superhero movies along with the GA) and an MCU movie with a praised character. With the likely 75%-90% to RT, the marketing force (Except after The Last Jedi for Disney to market the crap out of it), and possibly the era we are in now, BP won't do under $250M. Hell, I even think it could do more than Deadpool OW if it becomes a perfect storm.

With great reviews, the combined forces of African American moviegoers and the Marvel base could push it to the 3-day OW of Deadpool at 130m.... at best. I wouldn't hold my breath on that 

I think 115-120m is much more likely though. A multiplier of 3x would give it 360m, which is my prediction

1 minute ago, franfar said:

With great reviews, the combined forces of African American moviegoers and the Marvel base could push it to the 3-day OW of Deadpool at 130m.... at best. I wouldn't hold my breath on that 

I think 115-120m is much more likely though. A multiplier of 3x would give it 360m, which is my prediction

That being said I don't think $130M OW is happening but it wouldn't surprise me. 

Kind of incredible Wick did that well given 36 mil in new marketplace competition and on the heels of every January action/thriller/horror film. Hoping it's not too frontloaded and word of mouth gives it something of a leggier run. 

Curious what kept Batman from breaking out. I wonder if there's an argument similar to Penguins of Madagascar, how Lego Batman has existed in many forms since even before the first LEGO Movie (video games, DTV spinoffs, etc) that there wasn't an extra oomph to get audiences out for this one. As well as we're reaching a saturation point for DC titles (three Batman appearances the last calendar year, yeesh). Good news is it's probably gonna have incredible legs. 

Not as big a weekend as we were expecting, but certainly solid overall. Split and Hidden Figures are still doing quite well too. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, baumer said:

And if they don't step on the IMDb logo then we make a small incision in the back of their neck, dig a pit, and then hang them upside down in that pit so the blood slowly drips from their necks into their eyes and into the ground below. Right @Telemachos

Well there goes the "BOT/IMDB Peace Treaty of 2013".

• Like 3