YM!

Top 10 of 2018 predictions: From JAN 1st 2018 to DEC 31st 2018

33 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

Did anyone see that Zootopia and Deadpool would breakout the way they did? Lol no. That's my case here.

Although if there's anyone that's overpredicted, I'd say it's Gigantic. A Christmas-themed animated film (The Grinch) and a remake of a classic musical (Poppins) is a tougher competition than what Moana faced imo. Although I trust the Lopezes on their songwriting for Gigantic.

No thought Pets or Sing would do much either. Never underestimate Illumination. Grinch has the potential to do $350M+ due to their non stop marketing machine. TBH With the family competition Gigantic has (Mulan, Grinch, Beasts, Spider-Man, and Poppins), I find it hard to see it doing over $250M. Thinking sub $200M maybe possible. For now thinking around $180M-$220M for it. WIR2 will either be a TLBM/Dragon 2 or TS2 at the domestic box office. Thinking more of the former to be honest.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

On April 11, 2017 at 8:54 PM, That One Guy said:

If you mean Deadpool, I have it set to increase slightly.  If it's going to be coming out on March 2, then it'll be 2 weeks after Black Panther, which could be seen as deflating its box office numbers slightly.

Honestly though, Fantastic Beasts wasn't universally praised outside of its fan base.  A decrease is probably gonna happen, although a 3rd and 4th movie will also probably get greenlit.

Wow, someone is extremely anti-JK Rowling. 

This is is a 30 bil entertainment brand we're talking about here, and the highest grossing franchise proper of all time, universally praised in literally every medium it's set foot in

fantastic beasts received an A CinemaScore, a Certified Fresh 73% RT rating, an audience score of 80+%, metacritic score of 66, was one of the highest grossing films of 2016, received 5 baftas won one, 2 oscars won one. 

Uh, yea, it was rather fucking highly acclaimed. I love the fact that the anti-Wizarding world people slipped back into the cracks with the 800+ mil WW gross, and you dudebro fanboys are still slipping out the cracks again, placing FB2 at #18 (lol, wtf) below a bunch of no name comic book and animated films  and blocking everyone who disagrees with you. 

Theres never been a Potter or Fantastic Beasts film outside the 10 highest in heir respective year, keep reachin'.

Edited by donttalktome1998

9 minutes ago, donttalktome1998 said:

This is is a 30 bil entertainment brand we're talking about here, and the highest grossing franchise proper of all time, universally praised in literally every medium it's set foot in

fantastic beasts received an A CinemaScore, a Certified Fresh 73% RT rating, an audience score of 80+%, metacritic score of 66, was one of the highest grossing films of 2016, received 5 baftas won one, 2 oscars won one. 

Uh, yea, it was rather fucking highly acclaimed. I love the fact that the anti-Wizarding world people slipped back into the cracks with the 800+ mil WW gross, and you dudebro fanboys are still slipping out the cracks again, placing FB2 at #18 (lol, wtf) below a bunch of no name comic book and animated films  and blocking everyone who disagrees with you. 

Theres never been a Potter or Fantastic Beasts film outside the 10 highest in heir respective year, keep reachin'.

Adios, dcasey.

• Like 13

1. Avengers: Infinity War: 1.5 Billion WW

2. Jurassic World 2: 1.2 Billion

3. Mulan: 1.2 Billion

4. The Incredibles: 1.1 Billion

5. Mary Poppins Returns: 950 million

6. Wreck It Ralph 2: 900 million

7. Han Solo: 850 million 

8. Aquaman: 820 million

9. Fantastic Beasts 2: 800 million 

10. Black Panther: 700 million 

OR

10. Deadpool 2 

Edited by UNDERDOG
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, donttalktome1998 said:

LMAO HI DCASEY.

well since you're about to be banned anyway, I might as go all in:

-"30 billion dollar entertainment brand" (citation needed).  And even if that were the case, it's quite obvious that this shit isn't gonna hit 30B+ anyway lmao

-CinemaScore is useless unless it gets like a C- or below or an A+.

-"highest grossing franchise proper" Star Wars???  marvel??? if you're talking purely worldwide grosses then marvel still outgrosses it (star wars probably will once episode 8 hits theaters this year)

-"universally praised" this would mean every single one of its films is liked by everyone and has no criticisms whatsoever that can fault it.  obviously not true.  none of their films have a 100% on RT.

-73% RT rating is solid but nothing to indicate fantastic reception

-audience scores are useless other than to indicate WoM and legs (Diary of a Mad Black Woman has an 87% rating lmao)

-again, 66 on metacritic is good but doesn't indicate universal praise.

-"highest grossing" domestically it was #12 lol.  that doesn't really indicate it was one of the most seen films of the year outside of its existing fanbase (most people see about 5 films per year, IIRC).

-almost all of its BAFTA and Oscar awards come from technical categories (only one that wasn't was "outstanding british film).  suicide squad won an oscar, that doesn't mean it was universally praised.

-lmao I'm far from a "dudebro," but sorry Fantastic Beasts is far from a huge franchise right now.  "no name comic book and animated films" yeah please contact me when spider-man, avengers, grinch, incredibles, deadpool, scooby-doo, ant-man, and wreck-it ralph are "no name"

-"blocking everyone who disagrees with you" only one person is on my block list and they haven't ever commented in this thread.

-"theres never been a potter film outside the top 10" but fantastic beasts was #12 domestically last year????

Top 10:

1) Avengers: Infinity War

2) Han Solo

3) Mary Poppins Returns

4) Mulan

5)The Incredibles 2

6) Fantastic Beasts 2

7) How the Grinch Stole Christmas

8) Aquaman

9) Deadpool 2

10) Wreck-It-Ralph 2

I see IFW at nearer 1.7 bill, WIR2 at around 720/730 mil, and Incredibles 2 at around 960/970 mil. 

(That means Fantastic Beasts 2 will probably make anywhere in the lower half of 900 mil, due to newfound franchise recognition, famous returning characters, big name actors, possible familiar locations, increasing stakes...Jude Law announcement alone sent Fantastic Beasts, Jude Law, Dumbledore, and Harry Potter trending on many forms of social media in top spots for literally the entire day, I haven't a clue why predictions are still so low.) 

also, I find it funny that people are seriously saying I made death threats. Nah, you people just hate Potter and got triggered at me expressing my opinion.

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

LMAO HI DCASEY.

well since you're about to be banned anyway, I might as go all in:

-"30 billion dollar entertainment brand" (citation needed).  And even if that were the case, it's quite obvious that this shit isn't gonna hit 30B+ anyway lmao

-CinemaScore is useless unless it gets like a C- or below or an A+.

-"highest grossing franchise proper" Star Wars???  marvel??? if you're talking purely worldwide grosses then marvel still outgrosses it (star wars probably will once episode 8 hits theaters this year)

-"universally praised" this would mean every single one of its films is liked by everyone and has no criticisms whatsoever that can fault it.  obviously not true.  none of their films have a 100% on RT.

-73% RT rating is solid but nothing to indicate fantastic reception

-audience scores are useless other than to indicate WoM and legs (Diary of a Mad Black Woman has an 87% rating lmao)

-again, 66 on metacritic is good but doesn't indicate universal praise.

-"highest grossing" domestically it was #12 lol.  that doesn't really indicate it was one of the most seen films of the year outside of its existing fanbase (most people see about 5 films per year, IIRC).

-almost all of its BAFTA and Oscar awards come from technical categories (only one that wasn't was "outstanding british film).  suicide squad won an oscar, that doesn't mean it was universally praised.

-lmao I'm far from a "dudebro," but sorry Fantastic Beasts is far from a huge franchise right now.  "no name comic book and animated films" yeah please contact me when spider-man, avengers, grinch, incredibles, deadpool, scooby-doo, ant-man, and wreck-it ralph are "no name"

-"blocking everyone who disagrees with you" only one person is on my block list and they haven't ever commented in this thread.

-"theres never been a potter film outside the top 10" but fantastic beasts was #12 domestically last year????

Fantastic Beasts was fucking 8 worldwide, you seriously think domestic matters? It beat Deadpool, it was the highest WB grossing, one of the most profitable films of the year! OMG

And yea, the franchise has grossed 8 bil proper, on par only with marvel. It's the highest rated franchise on average on RT.

done with you lol scooby doo gross higher?

Just now, holditrightthere98 said:

Fantastic Beasts was fucking 8 worldwide, you seriously think domestic matters? It beat Deadpool, it was the highest WB grossing, one of the most profitable films of the year! OMG

And yea, the franchise has grossed 8 bil proper, on par only with marvel. It's the highest rated franchise on average on RT.

4 minutes ago, holditrightthere98 said:

Top 10:

1) Avengers: Infinity War

2) Han Solo

3) Mary Poppins Returns

4) Mulan

5)The Incredibles 2

6) Fantastic Beasts 2

7) How the Grinch Stole Christmas

8) Aquaman

9) Deadpool 2

10) Wreck-It-Ralph 2

I see IFW at nearer 1.7 bill, WIR2 at around 720/730 mil, and Incredibles 2 at around 960/970 mil. 

(That means Fantastic Beasts 2 will probably make anywhere in the lower half of 900 mil, due to newfound franchise recognition, famous returning characters, big name actors, possible familiar locations, increasing stakes...Jude Law announcement alone sent Fantastic Beasts, Jude Law, Dumbledore, and Harry Potter trending on many forms of social media in top spots for literally the entire day, I haven't a clue why predictions are still so low.) 

also, I find it funny that people are seriously saying I made death threats. Nah, you people just hate Potter and got triggered at me expressing my opinion.

@Tele Came Back

3 minutes ago, holditrightthere98 said:

Wasn't the highest WB grossing film of 2016, BvS? I'm pretty sure it was 

2 minutes ago, holditrightthere98 said:

uh yes, domestic does matter considering this is top 10 DOMESTIC gross predictions?

"highest rated franchise on average" yeah no.  83.3% average for the Harry Potter series, and the average for the dark knight trilogy is 88.3%.  average for LOTR is 94%.  average for Indiana Jones is 86%.  want me to go on?

• Like 2