efialtes76

Thursday Midnights:STRONG MIDNIGHTS: ‘Star Wars 3D: Phantom Menace’ $1.1M; ‘The Vow $700K; ‘Safe Hou

Please no! Let SW saga be what it is

This.Please do not encourage any further rape of the Star Wars saga. Especially not with Lucash at the helm.Thank you.Also, nice numbers. Wonder if Safe House can hit 30M. It should be less frontloaded than the other two (far less in case of Ep.1).

• Founder / Operator

Right around what I was expecting for TPM. I feel like this will be more about general audiences than fanboys, the latter of which will invalidate every argument they've ever had against TPM by going to see it again in theaters. :lol::P

Edited by ShawnMR

No I don't. Do you??

So can you say this:

$1M for Star Wars was expected, even a little lower, considering the rabid fan boys.But $700,000 midnights for a romantic film??!Oh my.

What if it played on 700 screens?

Right around what I was expecting for TPM. I feel like this will be more about general audiences than fanboys, the latter of which will invalidate every argument they've ever had against TPM by going to see it again in theaters. :lol::P

If most Star Wars fans went to se TPM 3D it would've made 30 to 40 million midnight instead of 1 million. :)

Again, what if it opened on 700 screens. 700 screens, with 1 showing per screen at $10.50 per ticket and 150 per theater is 1.1M. Give it a May release and 3300 screens and more showings (2) and you are looking at 8M.

Again, what if it opened on 700 screens. 700 screens, with 1 showing per screen at $10.50 per ticket and 150 per theater is 1.1M. Give it a May release and 3300 screens and more showings (2) and you are looking at 8M.

Yeah but we don't know if more people would've shown up if the release was wider.Were there alot of sold out shows for TPM 3D? Probably not. Edited by grey ghost