Alli

WEEKEND THREAD! FRI #s: Lego: 8M: 50SD: 6.6M: GW: 5.8: JW2: 4.1 (pg 8)

22 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Sing was better than Moana.

And Lego Batman is better than both. Along with every other animated movie released last year

As much as I loved Lego Batman, Zootopia and Kubo beat it. It's about even with Dory, Moana, and Sing.

• Like 1

Im probably in the minority on this, but I liked Storks better than Lego Batman as well (though I did like Lego Batman in a B/B+ kinda way).

edit - I did think Dory was pretty mediocre, though.

Edited by Wrath

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Tbh, Lego Batman is probably an 8/10 now. The movie hasn't stuck with me whatsoever.

That's how I felt about the original LEGO Movie. Enjoyed it in theaters but now the humor is a bit annoying in retrospect 

9 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Im probably in the minority on this, but I liked Storks better than Lego Batman as well (though I did like Lego Batman in a B/B+ kinda way).

I also liked Storks, shame it underperformed here, but at least it was profitable.

If it where to rank the animated films I saw last year and this year:

A+: Zootopia 

A-: Kubo

B+: Lego Batman, Moana, Sing, Dory

B: Storks, Kung Fu Panda 3

C+: Trolls, Pets

C-: Angry Birds

(I saw most of these babysitting my nephews except for Dory, Zootopia, Kubo, and Lego Batman, I saw also saw Angry Birds on Netflix)

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, YourMother said:

As much as I loved Lego Batman, Zootopia and Kubo beat it. It's about even with Dory, Moana, and Sing.

Kubo is soooooooooooo overated. It'd be a 6 at best if it weren't for the stop motion. The pacing was awful

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robertman2 said:

Kubo is soooooooooooo overated. It'd be a 6 at best if it weren't for the stop motion. The pacing was awful

While the pacing was at times off, everything else was solid. There are plenty more animated films that are overrated (like Frozen)

10 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I also liked Storks, shame it underperformed here, but at least it was profitable.

If it where to rank the animated films I saw last year and this year:

A+: Zootopia 

A-: Kubo

B+: Lego Batman, Moana, Sing, Dory

B: Storks, Kung Fu Panda 3

C+: Trolls, Pets

C-: Angry Birds

(I saw most of these babysitting my nephews except for Dory, Zootopia, Kubo, and Lego Batman)

Storks was good, I think WAG has established they can do gags really well and come with a decent story but I think and hope they could dial it down a bit.

• Like 2

Just now, Jonwo said:

Storks was good, I think WAG has established they can do gags really well and come with a decent story but I think and hope they could dial it down a bit.

Agreed on the whole dial down on jokes a bit.

• Like 1