Alli

WEEKEND THREAD! FRI #s: Lego: 8M: 50SD: 6.6M: GW: 5.8: JW2: 4.1 (pg 8)

Universal/Legendary’s Chinese $150M co-production The Great Wall drew $970K last night at 2,470 locations from shows starting at 7PM. That figure casts a shadow over Warner Bros./New Line’s R-rated comedy Fist Fight which only made $600K.

A cure for Wellnes- $300K

Beat me by a few seconds :P congrats!

Please merge threads, or do whatever you mods do :)

• Like 1

Great Wall headed for a similar run to Dracula Untold. Obviously a dud, but likely would've been even worse without Damon.

Fist Fight's number is solid. Should be between $20-25M for the 4-day holiday given that it's not an early showing movie at all.

The Wedding Ringer did 800k by comparison. This would lead to a 15M weekend for Fist Fight.

Edited by WrathOfHan

So fist fight about half of Ride Along 2. I'm not surprised, and 6M OD and 17.5M weekend isn't the worst for this film.

Great Wall I'm trying to find comps. Gods of Egypt did 800k, and I could see this holding on slightly better. 17-19M, about in line with expectations.

• Like 1

Low 20s 4-day for Great Wall?

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Low 20s 4-day for Great Wall?

Like for the brilliant avi!

• Like 1

That's ok for Fist Fight but nothing horrendous or amazing for it. Not good for The Great Wall, luckily Universal is making profit with it overseas. A Cure For Wellness was fucked from the start, I figured that the film would turn off mainstream audiences with its strange looking Jacob's Ladder-esque imagery. 

Just now, Spidey Freak said:

Like for the brilliant avi!

I have fought for Gods...and greed. This is the first movie I've seen...worth fighting for.

• Like 10

Fully expecting something like 400k for cure for wellness. Anything better is "gravy"

A Cure for Wellness is headed towards like a $6M opening weekend. Hardly surprising given the reviews and that long ass running time.

Not that bad for The Great Wall I think, I was expecting it to completely flop domestically.

3 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Not that bad for The Great Wall I think, I was expecting it to completely flop domestically.

A $50M total against a $150M budget is still a complete flop. Although without Damon it likely would've made something like Pompeii numbers.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

A $50M total against a $150M budget is still a complete flop. Although without Damon it likely would've made something like Pompeii numbers.

It will make 300 million WW at least, so...it could be worse. And Damon gets a nice fat paycheck.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

That's ok for Fist Fight but nothing horrendous or amazing for it. Not good for The Great Wall, luckily Universal is making profit with it overseas. A Cure For Wellness was fucked from the start, I figured that the film would turn off mainstream audiences with its strange looking Jacob's Ladder-esque imagery. 

Think its not doing so well.

It's box office in China is quite disappointing, people were expected 200-300m from China, not 170m which is what xXx (not a co-production) is earning...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I think it will barely touch 30m.

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

It will make 300 million WW at least, so...it could be worse. And Damon gets a nice fat paycheck.

And you got the movie to stan for even though you should be aiming higher and not having to settle.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

And you got the movie to stan for even though you should be aiming higher and not having to settle.

Well if the movie sucks, I'm sure La La Land can pick up my spirits!

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Well if the movie sucks, I'm sure La La Land can pick up my spirits!

:ph34r: