Alli

WEEKEND THREAD! FRI #s: Lego: 8M: 50SD: 6.6M: GW: 5.8: JW2: 4.1 (pg 8)

Great Wall headed for a similar run to Dracula Untold. Obviously a dud, but likely would've been even worse without Damon.

Fist Fight's number is solid. Should be between $20-25M for the 4-day holiday given that it's not an early showing movie at all.

So fist fight about half of Ride Along 2. I'm not surprised, and 6M OD and 17.5M weekend isn't the worst for this film.

Great Wall I'm trying to find comps. Gods of Egypt did 800k, and I could see this holding on slightly better. 17-19M, about in line with expectations.

• Like 1

That's ok for Fist Fight but nothing horrendous or amazing for it. Not good for The Great Wall, luckily Universal is making profit with it overseas. A Cure For Wellness was fucked from the start, I figured that the film would turn off mainstream audiences with its strange looking Jacob's Ladder-esque imagery. 

3 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Not that bad for The Great Wall I think, I was expecting it to completely flop domestically.

A $50M total against a $150M budget is still a complete flop. Although without Damon it likely would've made something like Pompeii numbers.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

A $50M total against a $150M budget is still a complete flop. Although without Damon it likely would've made something like Pompeii numbers.

It will make 300 million WW at least, so...it could be worse. And Damon gets a nice fat paycheck.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

That's ok for Fist Fight but nothing horrendous or amazing for it. Not good for The Great Wall, luckily Universal is making profit with it overseas. A Cure For Wellness was fucked from the start, I figured that the film would turn off mainstream audiences with its strange looking Jacob's Ladder-esque imagery. 

Think its not doing so well.

It's box office in China is quite disappointing, people were expected 200-300m from China, not 170m which is what xXx (not a co-production) is earning...

• Like 1