Alli

WEEKEND THREAD! FRI #s: Lego: 8M: 50SD: 6.6M: GW: 5.8: JW2: 4.1 (pg 8)

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I don't even know what Collide is...

It's an action movie with Nicholas Hoult and Felicity Jones that was shot years ago and has been languishing on the shelves as Relativity has gone under until now. It's opening with no advertising or anything. Expect the worst wide openings to get a top 10 contender.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's an action movie with Nicholas Hoult and Felicity Jones that was shot years ago and has been languishing on the shelves as Relativity has gone under until now. It's opening with no advertising or anything. Expect the worst wide openings to get a top 10 contender.

Jesus, studios are being really cruel to Felicity after Rogue One

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Wow.  Just looked at BOM and Open Road is giving is 2,000+ screens.  How is that possible?

2 hours ago, Spaghetti by the Sea said:

I could easily see Rock Dog and Collide missing the top 10 next weekend. In the case of the former, the last time a wide release animated film missed the top 10 was, erm, DELGO.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Rock Dog has 2050 theaters scheduled from Box Office Mojo.  On the weekend of October 23, 2015, Rock the Kasbah and Jem and the Holograms both missed the Top 10 placing 13th and 15th respectively that weekend, and are on the worst opening weekend chart for 2000+ theaters.

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Wow.  Just looked at BOM and Open Road is giving is 2,000+ screens.  How is that possible?

I'm going to guess it's something written in the contracts for the movie.

Edited by Outrageous!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MrPink said:

If he liked Warcraft, he'll probably enjoy this.

Like honestly, no BS, it's like a C/C+ movie. It's a really surreal experience if only because so much effort and resources to make a Chinese focused blockbuster, creating these giant sets and costumes, get Matt Damon, is all put into making....a monster movie. It's really weird, but at the same time, you can't help but enjoy the fact that it exists? Never once have I ever thought "Man, how awesome would it be to see Matt Damon as a master archer in 13th Century China fighting Monsters?" but the Gods were like "Hold my beer"

And Zhang Yimou eye candy never hurts.

My tickets are for tomorrow showing.

Excite about a Pink-approved C/C+ movie. 

Our relationship is weird. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sam said:

My tickets are for tomorrow showing.

Excite about a Pink-approved C/C+ movie. 

Our relationship is weird. 

I'm not sure if my grade was slightly upped by crushing hard on Jing Tian. But she's not a very good actress based off this movie :kitschjob:

Really though, the Damon accent was giving me all the entertainment I needed.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Sing > Moana > Lego Batman

But I expect most people will say the opposite.

Moana is far superior to all these movies : it has a soul.

Even RT agrees : Moana 95%, Lego Batman 91%, Sing 73%.

Moana crushes them all, end of story :shades:

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Moana is far superior to all these movies : it has a soul.

Even RT agrees : Moana 95%, Lego Batman 91%, Sing 73%.

Moana crushes them all, end of story :shades:

All of them are the same B+ to A- in my book.

I have to go and see these cartoons because my boyfriend likes them.

I went to see Zootopia, Secret Life of Pets, Finding Dory and Moana last year.

We're going to see Sing today, I have been putting it off for weeks lol.

Secret Life of Pets was such a huge letdown. Finding Dory was only for the very young IMO. Moana was great but Zootopia was just fantastic. 

Lego Batman was meh.