Alli

WEEKEND THREAD! FRI #s: Lego: 8M: 50SD: 6.6M: GW: 5.8: JW2: 4.1 (pg 8)

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I have to go and see these cartoons because my boyfriend likes them.

I went to see Zootopia, Secret Life of Pets, Finding Dory and Moana last year.

We're going to see Sing today, I have been putting it off for weeks lol.

Secret Life of Pets was such a huge letdown. Finding Dory was only for the very young IMO. Moana was great but Zootopia was just fantastic. 

Lego Batman was meh. 

Without WDAS it will be a terrible year for animated movies :(

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Without WDAS it will be a terrible year for animated movies :(

Still had Kubo, Dory, and Sing but it would have been another year like 2013. However I'd rank Zootopia as one of the best animated films this decade.

Edited by YourMother

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I'm talking about 2017

Lego Batman was a solid B+ in my book (the same grade I gave to Moana and Sing). Besides we have two Pixar movies. And films with potential like Ninjago, Captain Underpants, The Star, and Ferdinand.

Edited by YourMother

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Lego Batman was a solid B+ in my book (the same grade I gave to Moana and Sing). Besides we have two Pixar movies. And films with potential like Ninjago, Captain Underpants, The Star, and Ferdinand.

The only movie that could potentially interest me is Coco, from Pixar.

4 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

We still have Coco.

Reveal hidden contents

Indeed, I'm curious about it but we know so little about it that I can't be sure it will be good.

Just now, Fullbuster said:

Indeed, I'm curious about it but we know so little about it that I can't be sure it will be good.

It has (Coco) Lee Unkrich and Toy Story writers, I'm confident it'll be another loved Pixar movie. Lego Batman was good though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

It has (Coco) Lee Unkrich and Toy Story writers, I'm confident it'll be another loved Pixar movie. Lego Batman was good though.

Lego Batman is certainly great, I'll watch thanks to VOD.

As for Coco that's quite a good team indeed, and after Inside Out I know Pixar can deliver big time.

• Like 1

I recently watched Finding Dory for the first time (yes, I know, stop laughing now...).

I have to say I was disappointed. It may be that Finding Nemo is probably my all time favourite animation  and I had big expectation but it felt to me that I was watching the same story without the same emotional effect and with lack of suspense.

I would say it was a B- for me.

I didn't laugh either..

38 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Why would you need to ensure something is good before watching it?

Was slightly disappointed by LB when I saw it opening day with my son. Good, but not as good as I thought it was going to be, the hit to miss ratio was a little lower than I expected.

Solid B though for me. My son loved it though.

I think after such strong positive reviews I expected a better movie than it actually was.  Some of the trailers were fantastic. Just not near the level of LM.

Zoo was the best animated movie I saw last year, by far. FD was a big come down from FN but a solid B. SLoP was a disappointment for me. After the first 10-15 min it just didn't work as well. 

Moana was very good, maybe a B+

Haven't seen Sing yet.