FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

Dafne Keen should get a nomination but she won't. I remember seeing Anna Paquin in the Piano and she deserved it and got it. The Piano is the type of movie that gets love from the Academy. CBM's don't. Anna Paquin deserved it then. Dafne deserves it now imo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Honestly... my whole theatre was laughing too. I personally couldn't tell if it was supposed to be absolutely serious or played to somewhat lighten the mood.

I chuckled. The whole thing was shot like it was played for comedy. If it wasn't meant that way, bad directing. There were multiple weird tonal moments like that sprinkled throughout the film.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 4

Alright so I haven't ranked my all time CBM's but I have kind of placed them into categories, like "untouchable this shit is amazing" and then "really great" and "good" and "meh" and "Fant4stic"

I just now know that the top tier include in no order

The Dark Knight

GOTG

Raimi's Spider Man's

First Class

Logan

(maybe Days of Future Past)

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

WTF?  WHY?  That's something that isnt funny in the slightest.  The fuck is wrong with this world?

Just now, Jayhawk said:

I chuckled. The whole thing was shot like it was player for comedy. If it wasn't, bad directing. There were multiple weird tonal moments like that sprinkled throughout the film.

Agreed with Jayhawk, because even if it wasn't meant to feel comedic, and Jackman's performance certainly didn't lend itself to a comedic moment, the scene was shot much like a sketch where Mr Bean is pissed off at something.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

I chuckled. The whole thing was shot like it was player for comedy. If it wasn't meant that way, bad directing. There were multiple weird tonal moments like that sprinkled throughout the film.

Guess we're all assholes, cause I laughed a little too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I don't understand anyone who laughed at that scene.  I was just staring in shock at the screen and in disbelief at the audience.

I thought the audience took it as something to relieve the tension.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I don't understand anyone who laughed at that scene.  I was just staring in shock at the screen and in disbelief at the audience.

jesus. alright gloria swanson we get it society is over.

• Like 5

Something that was funny and helped lighten up the tension was Stewart yelling at Logan that he had to use the bathroom.  Something else was when Stewart stuck his tongue out at Logan.  Those were examples of comedic moments in the film that worked, cause they were actually funny.  I fail to see how the scene where he

beat up his car

was funny.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Naive question: what is your opinion on Winter Soldier?

Not a huge fan... B-/C+ range. I thought it was mostly boring. I did like the Hydra montage reveal, that was the only inspired part. 

I do like Chris Evans. I don't really have a huge issue with any of the casting except Bucky -- to me, Sebastian Stan is a giant charisma suck. Maybe that's one reason why I didn't really care for it. 

• Like 2