DAJK

Weekend Estimates: Kong 61M, Logan 37.8M, Get Out 21M, Shack 10M, Lego Batman 7.8M

Just now, Mulder said:

How can you "critique" box office?

I'm talking about things in the fandom in general. But yes you can critique a box-office run. You can critique the budget, the marketing, the multiplier, and how the movie is performing under a myriad of different circumstances and conditions. 

Just now, Bishop54 said:

I'm talking about things in the fandom in general. But yes you can critique a box-office run. You can critique the budget, the marketing, the multiplier, and how the movie is performing under a myriad of different circumstances and conditions. 

I mean....I guess?

Just now, Bishop54 said:

"Better tell the peeps at TK that Kong vs Godzilla is in jeopardy" = critiquing? OK then.

You're biased towards the franchise. Specifically the MonsterVerse films. Really the end of story. Yes, I recognize the flaws etc... But you take it to extreme levels.

Jeez. Moana is having some pretty great late legs. Yes, the amount it's pulling in is small, but the PTA is holding up remarkably well and it's going to have its fourth straight sub-25% weekend drop. Kinda shocking, because it wasn't holding that well in January, and it looked like it was going to fade pretty rapidly, but here it's still trucking along.

I think it's even more shocking it's holding up this well despite coming out on video last week.

• Like 4

Just now, Bishop54 said:

Relative to how a film performs against it even? 

1- we don't know what actual budgets are

2- we don't know the details of how the money was actually spent (or credits/tax offsets)

3- we *can* vaguely look at how a movie performed compared to what we think its budget was, but hindsight is always 20/20

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cookson said:

"Better tell the peeps at TK that Kong vs Godzilla is in jeopardy" = critiquing? OK then.

You're biased towards the franchise. Specifically the MonsterVerse films. Really the end of story. Yes, I recognize the flaws etc... But you take it to extreme levels.

I have never ever seen you recognize one flaw...not one. Me on the other hand praised Shin and there were aspects of Godzilla 2014 I loved. But let's all ignore that to further any type of agenda that anyone might have.

12 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

How is it any of your business? I'm entitled to talk just as much as the next person. 

You're doing this just to hate on the new Kong-film, for no other reason than to wishfully hope it fails big time. And also, you're annoying people at times.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

Pirates will make over 150M. It would be a disaster if not

I fully expect it to, but something about it screams Alice 2. That was a disaster exactly 1 year earlier. Honestly 175m dom wouldn't shock me one bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

1- we don't know what actual budgets are

2- we don't know the details of how the money was actually spent (or credits/tax offsets)

3- we *can* vaguely look at how a movie performed compared to what we think its budget was, but hindsight is always 20/20

Surely, but this board would be a ghost town if their weren't comparisons to be made. It would all be "rah, rah" type nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

You're doing this just to hate on the new Kong-film, for no other reason than to wishfully hope it fails big time. And also, you're annoying people at times.

When I have ever said I wished it failed? No one wins when a movie like this fails. 

22 minutes ago, the128boy said:

Yep, forgot about that. Any idea if Sony announced the move after Fox gave the date?

Sony moved Life back to March 24th after Fox released the release date for Alien. 

In retrospect its easy for us to say the studio should have released this movie then and that movie then but it's not that simple. It's not just the studio deciding hey let's throw all these movies in March. They also have to look at the promo aka are the lead actors available to do promo during this time or not. 

4 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

I have never ever seen you recognize one flaw...not one. Me on the other hand praised Shin and there were aspects of Godzilla 2014 I loved. But let's all ignore that to further any type of agenda that anyone might have.

Agenda? You mean yours? OK then. You're a joke if you think I think G14 is 100% non flawed. Come on man.... Get over it. We're getting films through at least GvsKong. Your hatred for the MonsterVerse is unbelievable. Yes, I'm speaking from experience since I've seen you talk non stop trash about it for 3-4 years.