DAJK

Weekend Estimates: Kong 61M, Logan 37.8M, Get Out 21M, Shack 10M, Lego Batman 7.8M

1 hour ago, chrisman0606 said:

Logan is actually doing better in my theater while Kong is behind with Logan at 15 million while Kong 13 million.

Logan only did 7-8M here, but Kong was huge; 22.5-23M today

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

How so?

Magneto's parents were victims of the holocaust.

Malcolm X's parents were victims of white supremacy.

Magneto wanted to keep mutants seperate and claim supremacy.

Ditto for Malcolm X.

Does every detail of Malcolm X's life need to be reflected in the comics for the allegory to stay relevant and thought provoking?

Not really.

lmao you basically proved my point. you obviously don't know anything about him. It's like the most superficial comparison. Actually the MLK comparison is very superficial as well. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nova said:

Thank you so much for this. I've actually been contemplating what I should do since it happened but I'm definitely going to do what you recommended and think this through. Paying it forward is something to think about and even if it's not in the same way as before (a donation) I'll definitely do something. I'm definitely thinking it over though now so I appreciate you taking the time to write this out. It's always nice to get another person's perspective...not for influence or anything but to give me a chance to actually think things over. 

I guess it's just bizarre to me how the world works sometimes and that's where a lot of my shock came from.

Think forward to your death bed.

What moments will be your proudest?

I guarantee it will be what you gave, not what you recieved.

Ultimately 500 here and there is cool but realizing karma is probably real is a lesson worth more than gold.

Some poor, unfortunate souls never figure it out.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Think forward to your death bed.

What moments will be your proudest?

I know one of my proudest moments will be the time Rth liked one of my posts.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ban1o said:

lmao you basically proved my point. you obviously don't know anything about him. It's like the most superficial comparison. Actually the MLK comparison is very superficial as well. 

How did I prove your point?

What did I say that was inaccurate.

Enough vague, condescending bullshit.

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Some of these ads for Logan (esp on the radio when I'm driving my car) are way over the top... "redefining the superhero genre." "Could be nominated for an award." Take it easy guys, $10m 2nd Friday isn't good.

$$ has never been a benchmark for greatness IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Some of these ads for Logan (esp on the radio when I'm driving my car) are way over the top... "redefining the superhero genre." "Could be nominated for an award." Take it easy guys, $10m 2nd Friday isn't good.

I can see why some people consider it the best of the genre.

It hits nerve endings that no superhero movie even attempts to hit.

And the action-humor-tragedy combo is a master chef level entree of mythical goodness. 

It may not be as uniformly praised but it's destined to be a cult classic of the highest order.

Dredd, in fact, would make for an excellent double feature.

• Like 4

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

You know I don't, my point is the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Okay, if 10m Friday/35 Weekend happens, Logan will likely end somewhere between 200-230m.  Thats somewhere in the middle, especially for an R-rated movie. ;)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

We've had no numbers for almost 11 hours(midday West Coast).  The Friday numbers we have could be +/- 15% by now. 

Deadline late-nights were released around this time last weekend. Should be coming pretty soon by now.