DAJK

Weekend Estimates: Kong 61M, Logan 37.8M, Get Out 21M, Shack 10M, Lego Batman 7.8M

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Logan got fucked by the monkey.

Logan showing a typical X-Men drop in the end. Probably 35-36M for the weekend if it bumps 50% today. Kong actually has an outside shot at 60M, it had a better Friday to previews than San Andreas which opened to 54M. If it can bump 30-40% from true Friday, it could get really close to 60M in the end.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Split and Get Out, two original horror movies, are about to hit that in the typically dead frame of January/February.  If the film is good (which I'm betting on happening), then that'll only help its legs.  The OW is going to be big, that's for sure.

I was worried about this.

Split and Get Out are freaks for the genre.

We all know what horror movie's legs are usually like.

No Halloween movie has made more than $60m in America. That's being unrealistic.

11 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

:kitschjob::kitschjob:

They tend to go hand in hand, no?  I mean one major part of box office is determining if the film is profitable.  Lone Ranger wouldn't have been a flop, for instance, if its budget was 140M less than what it was.

MORE like Long ranger wouldn't be considered a flop of it made more money.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Sing reached 280M and it'll have Christmas legs to help it.

Just now, YourMother said:

Not totally bonkers, but I'm thinking $60M (5 Day)/$250M domestic.

Maybe. Whenever I think of animated Spider-Man, I think of some subpar tv shows. I have a feeling that this Spider-Man movie might turn out like that TMNT movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Maybe. Whenever I think of animated Spider-Man, I think of some subpar tv shows. I have a feeling that this Spider-Man movie might turn out like that TMNT movie.

If Lego Batman could do $170M+, so could Spidey, especially one with Miles Morales and Lord/Miller running the show.

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I was worried about this.

Split and Get Out are freaks for the genre.

We all know what horror movie's legs are usually like.

No Halloween movie has made more than $60m in America. That's being unrealistic.

Again, this is if the film is quality, and since Carpenter is involved, I am expecting it to be.  The original Halloween made 173M adjusted, so it's not like it's unheard of.  And the reason most of them didn't make much is cause they were either 1. Made by Weinstein or 2. Were shit.  Sometimes a combination of both.

Just now, That One Guy said:

Remember when everyone said an R-rated superhero comedy was barely gonna crack 100M?

Good times. However after LB breaking, slaughtering and raping my heart, my expectations are a bit lower for Animated Spidey.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Good times. However after LB breaking, slaughtering and raping my heart, my expectations are a bit lower for Animated Spidey.

Animated Spider Man has Lord/Miller, the benefit of a new  hopefully well received Spider-Man releasing a year prior, and holiday legs.  Lego Batman had Lord/Miller filed in as producers, had a poorly received Batman movie the year before, and has no holiday legs benefit.

Edited by That One Guy

15 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Here, blatantly advertising my 2018 predictions list so this shit can gain some m o t h e r f u c k i n g  t r a c t i o n

You're way, way too low on A Wrinkle in Time. No way it only does $50m with the talent behind it. Even Pete's Dragon did $76m.

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Kong: Skull Island's $20M OD is pretty higher than Peter Jackson's King Kong that opened to only $9M OD.

Granted, that Kong-film came out on a Wednesday, and this one came out on a Friday.

King Kong suffered from prerelease expectations. The epic 3 hour runtime and great critical reviews meant that everyone thought Titanic was in trouble. It then had a low OD and it's reputation never recovered.

Things went the other way for Skull Island, prerelease hype was low and everyone was expecting 40M with Logan winning the weekend. So this becomes an over performance.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Animated Spider Man has Lord/Miller, the benefit of a new  hopefully well received Spider-Man releasing a year prior, and holiday legs.  Lego Batman had Lord/Miller filed in as producers, had a poorly received Batman movie the year before, and has no holiday legs benefit.

Agreed, but I'm not going crazy with $300M+.

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

lol animated Spider-Man won't do that good. Also Spider-Man Homecoming will likely not reach the crazy expectations either. 

SMH will at least do $250M domestic, having Iron Man helps it a lot. Spidey has a black superhero and if BP breakouts like I'm predicting, so will it. Not to mention having holiday legs and Lord/Miller helps too.