chasmmi

The Summer Game 2017 | Beans have been counted, sprouts measured, zombies destroyed, and Tele relegated to... oh wait better not... | Let the Pre-Season Reveals begin ...

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

I think you're exaggerating. :P

Nope.  The SOTM 3 is going to kill me.  I went for all 8 questions and I'm going to get about 6 of them wrong.

What I think will happen:

1. Will Alien Covenant have a higher OW than Alien vs Predator ($38.29M)? No

2. Will Alien Covenant's Midnight's be higher than Alien's OW ($3.52M)? Yes

3. Alien Covenant's Domestic total pass Alien Resurrection's Total Domestic gross ($47.79M) within its first 10 days of release ? Yes

4. Will Alien Covenant's 2nd weekend gross be more than half of Blade Runner's Total Domestic Gross ($16.43M)?  Yes

5. Will Alien Covenant's WW total overtake that of Aliens' WW total ($131.06m) the the end of the weekend? No

6. Will Alien Covenant have a higher opening Sunday than Alien 3's Total UK Box Office ($12.76M)? No

7. Will Alien Covenant have a better 2nd weekend drop than Prometheus (59.4%)? Yes

8. Will Alien Covenant have a higher second Saturday gross than Alien vs Predator Requiem's total gross in Mexico ($5.19M) Yes

I answered yes to everything, so this would put me at a 38k gain. Not too shabby. It'll have a better drop than Prometheus because of Memorial Day, so really it's a matter of whether it can get nearly 12M in weekdays and beat the 16.43M number

Edited by WrathOfHan

3 hours ago, Tele Came Back said:

A lot of people went for all 8, I think. 

Yes, but are all those people going to lose points like me?  

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

3. Alien Covenant's Domestic total pass Alien Resurrection's Total Domestic gross ($47.79M) within its first 10 days of release ? Yes

4. Will Alien Covenant's 2nd weekend gross be more than half of Blade Runner's Total Domestic Gross ($16.43M)?  Yes

5. Will Alien Covenant's WW total overtake that of Aliens' WW total ($131.06m) the the end of the weekend? No

6. Will Alien Covenant have a higher opening Sunday than Alien 3's Total UK Box Office ($12.76M)? No

7. Will Alien Covenant have a better 2nd weekend drop than Prometheus (59.4%)? Yes

8. Will Alien Covenant have a higher second Saturday gross than Alien vs Predator Requiem's total gross in Mexico ($5.19M) Yes

I answered yes to everything, so this would put me at a 24k gain. Not too shabby.

If that happens I'll get 5/8 and it won't be a disaster.  But I took YES for all 8.  I have a feeling it's going to be NO for 6 of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

If that happens I'll get 5/8 and it won't be a disaster.  But I took YES for all 8.  I have a feeling it's going to be NO for 6 of them.

If it's a no for 6 of them, we'll still only lose 4k points. This is hardly something to be concerned about, and we both might gain some big points.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

If it's a no for 6 of them, we'll still only lose 4k points.

That's all?  Hmmm...thought it was way more.

Ok, I'll live to fight for another weekend. :)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, baumer said:

Nope.  The SOTM 3 is going to kill me.  I went for all 8 questions and I'm going to get about 6 of them wrong.

6 of them wrong isn't terrible, the points you lose from it aren't gamethrowing by any means.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Is last week scoring is up?

I did bad last week, decent this week, abstained from sotm3, now if by some miracle guardians tops this weekend, I can end up in top 10.

Scoring hasn't been updated.  I'll have some time tomorrow....I'll see if I can do some scoring to help out.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

A lot of people went for all 8, I think. 

I abstained the whole thing which I rarely do, did not have a good read on Alien

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I answered yes to everything, so this would put me at a 38k gain. Not too shabby. It'll have a better drop than Prometheus because of Memorial Day, so really it's a matter of whether it can get nearly 12M in weekdays and beat the 16.43M number

I think I'll get 7/8 on this. Didn't think it would collapse that huge OS. It needs to hit 47M in 10 days which is a lock, and needs to do 8.22M next weekend (half of 16.43M) which is also a lock.