franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

10 hours ago, dudalb said:

I was surprised that Stallione did not have a  appreance in Endgame, since Scavanger ships are shown being transported in for the final battle.

He probably wanted a cut of the profits.  Feige said "Uh-uh."  

Not entirely related to the movie but details on the ride opening at Epcot at the end of May:

Playlist, Villain Revealed for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT | Disney Parks Blog (go.com)

The end of Guardians. My most beloved franchise in MCU.

:whosad:

No matter how much or how big (like Avengers 5, F4, X-MEN or whatever) the installments they announce for the next slate at SDCC next weeks, This will always be my most upcoming anticipated movies.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ecks Ecks Are said:

Marvel Studios is expected to make another blockbuster presentation of its upcoming slate, including expected first looks at “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” and “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.”

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/san-diego-comic-con-2022-1235315037/

A bit early, interesting. Suspect the Guardians stuff may be convention exclusive.

I am groot is coming in under a month, Holiday special in 5 months, and Gotg3 in 10 months. So not sure exactly how much will be revealed about what when, but the team/franchise broadly is going to be back in the spotlight a lot earlier and more gradually than just a Feb 1st trailer marketing start or whatnot.

• Like 1

Oh. That's kinda surprising. But fits with what Grace Randolph said in her SDCC video, even before this article came out. She said that she hears Marvel will spotlight She-Hulk, Black Panther 2, GOTG Vol. 3 and Loki Season 2 and leave the new announcements for D23. Worth reminding this year's panel is only 1 hour, 30 minutes shorter than the 2019 panel. 

Let's see if she gets this right. 

Edited by p a p i
  • Disbelief 1

On 7/8/2022 at 2:17 AM, Claudio said:

The end of Guardians. My most beloved franchise in MCU.

:whosad:

No matter how much or how big (like Avengers 5, F4, X-MEN or whatever) the installments they announce for the next slate at SDCC next weeks, This will always be my most upcoming anticipated movies.

Don't worry, I am sure the Guardians will continur to pop up in the MCU.

In the comics, they cross paths with Carol Danvers all the time, and a fun feud develops between her and Rocket (you get a taste of that in "Endgame"

• Like 1